A vanilla 'Addon' release?

lazyink

Valued Member!
Staff member
So, I have been thinking about releasing my vanilla DayZ Chernarus map as a type of addon. This would involve a mission and server installation and would include a number the scripts worked on in these forums preinstalled and functioning.

This would include a custom map with 15+ new locations, custom loot tables with added weapons, crafting, the AI Mission System rewritten to give humanity for bandit kills (and thus make the journal hero levels more achievable) and many more of the fixes and scripts available here on the opendayz forums. I will also include PSD files for custom load, death and crafting menu screens.

My question is would there be interest in this? And do the respective authors of the scripts have a problem with me pushing this addon via the releases page? It will be published for free, and I have no intentions of charging for it.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea, as long as you give it a good test and a full credit list.

We certainly can give you a spot in the release forum and if it becomes bigger a dedicated subforum.

Back