Accelerated Time

well is anyone alive here?

I followed the directions to the T and it didnt work, I would really like to get this to work

[8,true,10,1,true,8]

8 ingame minutes pass, per 1 minute reallife

so 1 hour IRL (60 mins) is 8 hours IG (480 mins)

8 x 60 = 480 :) errm, hopefully ... maybe :confused:

Yea, that's what I had come up with my self too... Major problems though:

1: Every sync is a major lag spike across the server, and I want the sync to come at every 5 minutes or so, to avoid shadows skipping... I Am running with a lot of Sarges AI, but even without the bots, each sync stops the server for a second or two

2: The time is skipping correctly but.... every 4 sync or so, the time jumps randomly, say half an hour ahead, then stays there, skipping time correctly, then 4 syncs after it jumps back half an hour, repeat... So it skips time, but it jumps back and forth between 2 times, randomly after each server restart...?

This script does not seem to work ever since 1.7.7+ it makes it so each player is syncing times at different points resulting in some people running around at night time and others during the day.

So, do you? If so, any tips/hints? I'm currently running 8 hours restarts with 3 hours of night - if it's possible to do that with a full cycle, that would be very cool, in "vanilla" 1.8.2.

I think I have finally got this working on DayZ Mod 1.8.2 at the moment....

So, do you? If so, any tips/hints? I'm currently running 8 hours restarts with 3 hours of night - if it's possible to do that with a full cycle, that would be very cool, in "vanilla" 1.8.2.

I do. I had to edit the server.pbo and remove the built in time syncing commands and just let the core time file handle it.

not read any other messages sorry if someone already posted this if your running vilayer they have a mod built in for this called time manager i think.

Please help i need skip 1 hour in 10 minutes
when i set [60,true,10,10,true,60] execFSM "core_time.fsm";
in game skip 2 hour in 2 minutes, please help

Last edited:
I just set my server start time to 4 pm and do 6 hour restarts and i get 4 hours day 1 hour dusk and 1 hour night. Maybe that would save someone trouble in the future :/

Back