Access \z\addons\dayz_sfx\

Sandbird

Valued Member!
I am writing a new script and i need to access the sounds in \z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\ folder. Is there i way i can do something like this (it doesnt work):

Code:
classCfgSounds{
   class wzombie1 {
     name ="";
     sound[]={"\z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
     titles[]={0,""};
   };
   class wzombie2 : wzombie1 {
     sound[]={"\z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\femalezombie_spotted_02.ogg",0.3,1,40};
   };};
and then do :

Code:
[nil,player,rSAY,[wzombie1,10]] call RE;
The problem is not all the sounds are in CfgSounds class...and i dont want to manually add the .ogg files in my mission file.

Code:
[nil,player,rSAY,["SOUNDCLASS", DISTANCE]] call RE;
or better - use dayz_zombieSpeak.

EDIT: ebay was faster ;)

You don't need to add anything to your description.ext.

Just call dayz_zombieSpeak with the base sound name and distance you want like so:
Code:
   _dis = 10;
   _sfx = "repair";
   [player,_sfx,0,false,_dis] call dayz_zombieSpeak;

That will call \z\addons\dayz_code\compile\object_speak.sqf

If you look at that file you will see how it generates the sound name. It attaches "z_" at the front and "_#" at the end. So the class name you will want to use for _sfx above can be found in addons\dayz_sfx\config.cpp (need to unrap from config.bin).

So for example the repair class looks like this:
Code:
class z_repair_0
   {
     name="";
     sound[]=
     {
       "\dayz_sfx\effects\action_repair_0.ogg",
     };
     titles[]={};
   };

But when you call dayz_zombieSpeak you only need to specify "repair" because it appends the z_ and _0 for you.

yes, i know, and thanks for the detailed explanation...but thats what i am saying...NOT all sounds of the /sfx folder are included in the hpp file:

If you see inside the dayz_sfx/zombie folder you'll see some sounds that start with "femalezombie_".
Those sounds ARE NOT included in the dayz_sfx/CfgSounds.hpp or config.bin but they are included in the .pbo.
Is there a way i can reference THOSE female sounds instead of copying them in my mission.pbo ?

-Thanks

Ah, I see. Looks like devs put those in there for later, but then never actually made female zombie classes to use them. o_O

Since they are not defined in the config.cpp or global resource config.cpp, unfortunately the only way to add them is to copy to your mission.

crap, thats what i thought....there goes another 150k for no good reason T_T.
Thanks

But since all clients have those files downloaded I would think you should be able to reference it like you were trying to do in OP.

Did you try without quotes like this?

Code:
classCfgSounds{
   sounds[] =
   {
      wzombie1,wzombie2
   };
   class wzombie1
   {
     name="wzombie1";
     sound[]={\z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg,0.3,1};
     titles[] = {};
   };
   class wzombie2
   {
     name="wzombie2";
     sound[]={\z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\femalezombie_spotted_02.ogg,0.3,1};
     titles[] = {};
   };
};

Hmm that didnt work either....i hope its not because i am using my custom mission in the SP editor to write this code (http://opendayz.net/posts/97112/)

I am getting : Cannot load sound 'x:\users\documents\arma 2\missions\dayzepochtemplate.chernarus\z\addons\dayz_sfx\zombie\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg'

Maybe this would work in MP (although i doubt it... arma/dayz engine has always been a b....c, why change now)...

I guess in description.ext paths must be relative to mission (unlike execVM, call, spawn which can look in mission, addons and global scripts folders).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/description.ext#cfgSounds

In that case there is no way around copying the sound to your mission. :(

Yeah, like i said....1000 things are not working as expected, why should this :p
Its cause i am a perfectionist i guess...I want female zombie sounds as well as male sounds..otherwise its not realistic, hehe.

Thanks ebay.

Back