Add ore/iron veins at a fixed place

lebal

Hello everybody, first of all sorry for my english.

We are hosting a dayz epoch server, and would like to know if it could be possible to add ore veins at a dedicated place as a reward for those who succeed to kill every IA guardind the place.

We have managed to insert ore/iron veins with the map editor, but when we break it, we don't have the " salvage option " in spite of the fact we have all the tools needed for it.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks a lot.

Enter your server and then go to the main menu, press CTRL+E/ALT+E to open the editor, then go to objects fortifications (I think) and you can find the ore veins :)

It is "Gold_Vein_DZE". When i add "Land_" before, they simply disapear on the server.

>>>> Scenic : I allready put it into the server, they just give no loots, and i can't even salvage it.

I've just figured out that i have the same trouble with ammo crates spawning on the map. I break it but don't have the option to open it... any idea ?

Yeah why not, but as i said above, i have the same matter with the ammo crates that spawn all around the map. We can break it, but not salvage it. I don't know if the problem comes from my serveur or from Epoch, cause i didn't touch the ammo crate spawn or whatever...

let the map_ for your vein and they will spawn where you added it.
Anyway, once you destroy the vein you have to deconstruct it with the crowbar and then the stuff will spawn.

We used it on our Golden river city and mine and it working great by letting it as it's named trought the editor...

Can you tell me the complete name of your MAP_veins please ? I added the MAP_ in front and they disapeared:
"MAP_Silver_Vein_DZE"

Gold_Vein_DZE

Silver_Vein_DZE

this is the exact name to use

PS: i made a mistake by tell you to let Map_ ... In fact you have to let it named as same as trought the editor wich is like i write in top on this message

If you care, go to chernarus: Golden river. Download it and install it in your server.
Go to the mine and try to break one and see if you can.
Dont forget , if u use the sledgehammer, than you have to hit the vein numerous time before to break it ( really numerously like 30 or 50 times).
Once it's broken, salavage it like for a werck ( sometimes you have to climb on the demolished vein to see appearing the salvage option appearing.
Like for the ammobox appearing along the road, you need the crowbar to salvage it.

I'm aware of all of this. I destroyed it with sledgehammer, with M240, i still don't have the salvage option (with a crowbar)... i'll try to figure it out when i have time to.

I think you will need to look at some CFG files in the database for the fixes, not so much the additions you made to the map. More of making certain the database knows how to handle Gold_Vein_DZE when its placed on the map and not when only spawning on the map.
your problem has nothing to do with any "Land_ nor "MAP_" issues.

Here's a snippet of the server spawning them in. Adjust your sqf to match?

Code:
            _veh = createVehicle [_spawnveh,_position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
            _veh enableSimulation false;

// Randomize placement a bit
            _veh setDir round(random 360);
            _veh setpos _position;

_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true];

_spawnveh being the vein classname and position being the position after findSafePos and a road filter.

Back