Adding automatic messages/messages about server restarts

Okay im sorry i cant provide alot of help with the script but it looks to be okay... kinda iffy i run dayz.st and the auto messages come with the server so i wouldent know to much about it but http://www.gotcha-antihack.com/index.php/download a free anti hack program has a own Scheduled Messages setting in the settings option... Method 2 WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND is getting J0k3r5's stat panel it is a debug monitor and it says how long till the server restarts the forum for it is found here http://opendayz.net/threads/j0k3r5-stats-panel-very-easy-install-stats-panel.15090/ if you scroll down to the picture on the forum you see it says Restart in 178 minutes! other than that i cant recommend any other things... i hoped this helped

I already have tried several guides similar to this, i have 4 hour restarts setup at 2,6 and 10 and this is my scheduler xml:

Code:
<Scheduler>

<job id="0">
<time>030000</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server Restart In 1 Hour.</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="1">
<time>033000</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server Restart In 30 Minutes .</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="2">
<time>034500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server Restart In 15 Minutes .</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="3">
<time>035500</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server Restart In 5 Minutes .</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

<job id="4">
<time>035900</time>
<delay>000000</delay>
<day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
<loop>1</loop>
<cmd>say -1 Server Restart In 1 Minute.</cmd>
<cmdtype>0</cmdtype>
</job>

</Scheduler>

still not working? any ideas?

I do remember it being a pain to set up, and honestly don't remember exactly how i got it to work, it's been a while. What I can do though is give you my sheduler to look at. It's set up for restarts every 3 hours, with messages 30, 15, 5, and 1 minute before restart. You may be able to tweak it to work for you -> EDIT: XML format pastebin link

Last edited:
Yes, my scheduler had that those lines in before i added everything else. Also, did you enable your scheduler through your config file and made sure it had the right path?

also, just a friendly suggestion. Instead of useing the loop funtion for restart messages, I recomend you set a specific time for each message. Lets say your server restarts at 4am, and you have to manualy restart it at 2am for whatever reason.. With the loop function sending the messege every 3 hours, no warning would be shown prior to the 4am restart (having manualy restarted it 2 hours prior to the scheduled restart). Hope i explained myself well enough o_O

I think i understand, but that wouldnt happen as my server is up for 4 hours at a time, and the messages 3hours, 3:30, 3:45, 3:55 and 3;59 so my scripts have enough time to show? and ii didnt need to enable my scheduler through config, im using GTX gaming host, similar to hfb
thanks

They would always show as long as the server restarts at the scheduled time, just remember that if you have to shut it down for whatever reason at a different time (for example if you are working on your server and restart to test a script, or shut it down in the presence of a hacker on the server), then the messages won't have time to show.

Anyway, were you able to get it working?

No, for some reason the server is reading the messages from my config editor, (which has 'hackers beware' etc) even though its suppose to be a simple way to edit the txt file(which when i open it up has only my custom server restart messages and no'hackers beware' messages etc). They are reading two different things, yet are supposedly the same file?
thanks

I've never hosted with GTX or HFB, so i don't know if there's any difference in how the server reads you files compared to Nitrado or Vilayer. But, as far as I know the messages in your server's config file are the light blue messages that show as soon as you join the server (example: hosted by X, etc), while the BEC messages (red text) are read from your scheduler.xml file that you are trying to setup. Just to be sure, go to your BEC's config file, and find the line for your scheduler. Make sure it looks like this:
Code:
Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

and not like this:
Code:
#Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

and be sure the path to your scheduler is correct. If you can't get it working let me know. I have the day off tomorrow, and could try to upload your scheduler to my server to see if the code itself works.

[Bec]
Ip = 188.165.193.15
Port = 5502
BePath = D:\TCAFiles\Users\nialls\4908\instance_11_Chernarus\BattlEye
LogDir = logs
Admins = D:\TCAFiles\Users\nialls\4908\Bec\Config\Admins.xml
Commands = D:\TCAFiles\Users\nialls\4908\Bec\Config\Commands.xml

[Misc]
ServerExeName = 4908.exe
NickFilterFile = BadNames.txt
WordFilterFile = BadWords.txt
Warnings = 1
Color = 1c
Scheduler = D:\TCAFiles\Users\nialls\4908\Bec\Config\Scheduler.xml

Path looks fine to me, although i cant acutally access the folders, just the Scheduler.xml

the scheduler.xml is usualy in the same folder as admins and commands, along with all the other BEC files, so I assume the path is correct. Mmmmm.. strange, I've never seen that file in the BEC folder o_O

Try restarting the server, then look in your logs (should be in the BEC folder) and check to see if any errors show reguarding your scheduler.xml

bec>logs>config>errors:

02:35:25 : Warning, Unexpected error in verified check. Processing info later.

The only error in either errors folder

That warning shouldn't be anything crucial, so don't worry. Problem is, no errors come up about your scheduler either.. Stupid question, did you setup a message to show every 1 or 2 minutes just to be able to varify if it works or not?

Yes ive tried that, but i still only get the messages configured in the schedulers config editor, hackers beware etc

I'm honeslty stumped. You could try to add your messages in that config editor and see if they show up correctly. Either that, or submit a ticket to your host and see what they tell you. If you can't get it to work pm me your scheduler and I'll test it on my server. That way we'll know if the code itself works or not.

Not sure if itl change anything, the scheduler.xml config editor, changes the text in the common server settings config.cfg, and not the actualy scheduler txt for some reason, where it says MOTD:

Code:
// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Dayz Saints | Epoch (1.0.4.2) |250+ VEHICLES | ROAMING AI, AI MISSIONS AND AI BASES | ACTIVE ADMINS | AUTO REFUEL | NO PLOT POLES | CUSTOM BASES | TOWING/AIRLIFT | CUSTOM BUILDINGS | (1.0.4.2/108074)";    // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "roflrofl";
maxPlayers = 30;
logFile = "server_log.txt";
voteThreshold = 0.33;
voteMissionPlayers = 3;
reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timeStampFormat = "short";
motd[] = {
    "Welcome to Dayz Saints Epoch server",
    "Be respectful to admins and other players",
    "Server restarts at 6,10 and 2 O'clock.",