Adding custom item classes!

Krixes

Staff member
Hey fellas,

I have been modding DayZ quite a bit lately and am trying to do a server side custom items class without having to have players download a custom DayZ addon which wouldnt work anyway as I am hosted through DayZ.ST.

I have tried modifying Description.ext to include this......
Code:
class CfgMagazines {
    class CA_Magazine;

class ItemMedKit : CA_Magazine {
        scope = public;
        count = 1;
        type = 256;
        displayName = "MedKit";
        model = "\dayz_equip\models\bloodbag.p3d";
        picture = "\dayz_equip\textures\equip_bloodbag_ca.paa";
        descriptionShort = "This is a self use medkit. Can be used to restore a bit of life.";

class ItemActions {
            class Use {
                text = "Use medkit";
                script = "spawn player_makeFire;"; // This is just to test before adding the real script.
            };
        };
    };

};

This doesn't seem to add the ItemMedKit at all. The above was just an example of an item but I had more planned if someone can help me out.

I have a custom crafting script that I know works, that I was using to create the medkit. My debugs just kept telling me "ItemMedKit not added" which means it doesn't exist.

I also tried calling through its own customitems.hpp through the #include in discription.ext just to see if that would work. It did not. I also tried adding my own config.cpp to the mission file and that also did not work.

A little help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Krixes

I have not seen anything like this done yet after much searching and researching. Either it cannot be done or no one has attempted to try it yet. =x

No, i mean add entirely new items not change loot tables. hehe I already know how to do that :p
I would advise you to read through this:
http://opendayz.net/threads/project-more-tents.9031/

McKeighan made a discussion about this, and has successfully added new tents and skins to his loot table.
Give him some time, he is probably touching up his code before shipping it out to people.
This fellers method does not seem like it will work with DayZ.ST hosted servers as you cannot edit any of the DayZ code besides dayz_mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo =x

This fellers method does not seem like it will work with DayZ.ST hosted servers as you cannot edit any of the DayZ code besides dayz_mission.pbo and dayz_server.pbo =x
It seemed that way, I'll get to work on seeing if custom items can be added in via dayz_mission.pbo.
Or dayz_server.pbo

I want to add a weapon from an other arma 2 mod called Swedish Forces Pack the gun i like to add is the M45 :) idk if this is possible?

Not sure if this is going to entirely work but try taking the CfgMagazines.hpp from the dayz_code configs and put that in the mission.pbo then in the description.ext add #include "CfgMagazines.hpp"; at the top. You should be able to add in all your info in there and get it to work, I did something similar to get rid of the annoying anti-dupe but it was to revert the weaponholder.hpp and bags.hpp calling so I could aim the calls to the mission.pbo instead.

Back