After 1.8 issues with custom load out / custom buildings

TwistedBelle76

After updating to the 1.8 patch with loading screen, the custom load out is missing (installed using DayZ Tools panel). I re-saved it after, still only loading the default dayz loadout. Also all of the custom buildings loaded with phyMyAdmin (sqf) are missing. This system used to auto load into database. Downloaded all the buildings into a buildings sqf and added directly into server pbo and they still do not show in server. Any help from anyone who experienced the same would be appreciated.

I was able to re-add my buildings/towns by adding them to a folder (map) in the mission PBO and then calling them in the end of the init.sqf file. Like this:

Code:
[] execVM "map\BalotaV2.sqf";
[] execVM "map\NEAF_V2.sqf";
[] ExecVM "map\NWAF_V12.sqf";
[] ExecVM "map\XtraTowns.sqf";

of course, you would enter the names of your towns in there instead of mine.

As for the loadouts, I am still working on that one too. All looks the same in the DB where I initially configured them...not sure whats different yet.

also for starting loadouts:
-extract dayz_server.PBO
-edit \\compile\server_playerLogin.sqf
-enter your loadout in this section as shown here:
Code:
if (count _this > 2) then {
    dayz_players = dayz_players - [_this select 2];
};

//Variables
_inventory =    [[["ItemFlashlight","MakarovSD","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","MP5A5"],["ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemAntibiotic","FoodSteakCooked","ItemSodaMdew","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5"]]];
_backpack =    ["DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1"];
_items =        [];
_magazines =    [];
_weapons =        [];
_medicalStats =    [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_tent =            [];
_state =        [];
_direction =    0;
_model =        "";
_newUnit =        objNull;
_botActive = false;

repack you pbo and add back to the server....

Giggity!

Did this actually work for you. I was messing around with it last night and noticed it made no difference. It seems to be connected player gearSet.sqf and chooses from an array as far as I can tell.

Curious about this as well. Vilayee has a selection tool for custom load outs but it doesnt write to this location.. vilayer told me their tool writes to the instance_deployable table....

Did this actually work for you. I was messing around with it last night and noticed it made no difference. It seems to be connected player gearSet.sqf and chooses from an array as far as I can tell.

It worked fine for me. This is the starting loadout that is running on my server now. Is it not working for you?

When I tried to put my loadout into the DB, it did nothing. The only way I could get it to work is using server_playerLogin.sqf

**I edited my previous post because I started it saying for "Custom Loadouts"...This is NOT for custom loadouts...it is for starting loadouts....My bad guys.

I did mine in the c
It worked fine for me. This is the starting loadout that is running on my server now. Is it not working for you?

When I tried to put my loadout into the DB, it did nothing. The only way I could get it to work is using server_playerLogin.sqf

**I edited my previous post because I started it saying for "Custom Loadouts"...This is NOT for custom loadouts...it is for starting loadouts....My bad guys.

I think it might be server specific - are you using reality?

same difference really. custom starting loadouts.. that is what Im here inquiring about

I just wanted to be clear that these are not tied to any certain UID and that all players get this upon login. Hope if works for you. I am wondering if my server is different than others' because several have questioned how I even have scripts running as quick as I do....They just work after some small changes that I have made to each...most have had to do with the inCombat changes....???

No some people just haven't done the research is all. I haven't tried your method, so Im not saying it doesn't work. But what I am saying, is that my server provider gives me a tool that allows me to choose the spawn loadout of the players with a little drop down box. However, it doesn't offer me everything I want to give them. So Im trying to locate where this tool writes to in the database, so that I can go into that exact location and edit it. If I make the changes somewhere else, the tool and the changes I make will conflict with one another. My server provider has told me that the tool writes direction to the instance_deployables table in the database, but I either can't find it, or just don't know exactly what Im looking at.

No some people just haven't done the research is all. I haven't tried your method, so Im not saying it doesn't work. But what I am saying, is that my server provider gives me a tool that allows me to choose the spawn loadout of the players with a little drop down box. However, it doesn't offer me everything I want to give them. So Im trying to locate where this tool writes to in the database, so that I can go into that exact location and edit it. If I make the changes somewhere else, the tool and the changes I make will conflict with one another. My server provider has told me that the tool writes direction to the instance_deployables table in the database, but I either can't find it, or just don't know exactly what Im looking at.

Pre-1.8, i used to edit "instances" table, but since the update, that no longer worked. I had to use the method above to make it work.

also for starting loadouts:
-extract dayz_server.PBO
-edit \\compile\server_playerLogin.sqf
-enter your loadout in this section as shown here:
Code:
if (count _this > 2) then {
    dayz_players = dayz_players - [_this select 2];
};

//Variables
_inventory =    [[["ItemFlashlight","MakarovSD","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemHatchet","NVGoggles","MP5A5"],["ItemPainkiller","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemAntibiotic","FoodSteakCooked","ItemSodaMdew","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5","30rnd_9x19_MP5"]]];
_backpack =    ["DZ_Assault_Pack_EP1"];
_items =        [];
_magazines =    [];
_weapons =        [];
_medicalStats =    [];
_survival =        [0,0,0];
_tent =            [];
_state =        [];
_direction =    0;
_model =        "";
_newUnit =        objNull;
_botActive = false;

repack you pbo and add back to the server....

Giggity!

Fifth, This fixed my problem. thanks.

I think I know what the issue is. Vilayer has a mod you can install that will allow you to select your gender and your spawn point, I supposed it isn't really a mod but an update to a specific file. However, they give a warning underneath,
"This will stop Database Custom Loadouts from working in your database"
so perhaps if you're server is able to select gender and spawn point, you can no longer use the instance_deployable table for custom loadouts

Is it just me, or does the DayZ dev team seem to be a bit controlling? I mean sure they're letting us mod the alpha, but there already placing restrictions on the alpha. Take for instance not being able to spawn certain vehicles or weapons. Now I get it, a lot of people don't want to play with jets and tanks, I get it I do. But the point is, these guys took a game, and modded the hell out of it to make another game.... so now they have this game and they're saying "yea we don't want you doing that".....

Is it just me, or does the DayZ dev team seem to be a bit controlling? I mean sure they're letting us mod the alpha, but there already placing restrictions on the alpha. Take for instance not being able to spawn certain vehicles or weapons. Now I get it, a lot of people don't want to play with jets and tanks, I get it I do. But the point is, these guys took a game, and modded the hell out of it to make another game.... so now they have this game and they're saying "yea we don't want you doing that".....

I hear ya man. I have same thoughts

Back