AI always spawn, even when no players near?

MikeTheMike

Okay, so I have set some of the AI to be like, 95% chance to spawn, BUT I thought that was only if a player was in their grid?

However when joining the server on my own, and then switching to gcam, I can scroll through all AI etc, and see like, AI at NWAF (when I am miles away)...

Anyone else had this?

Mike.

Thanks Coty - good to know it's not just me :D

To be honest, I'd not have noticed if it weren't for checking the AI with gcam just being nosy :D

I guess this would cause more lag than normal too?

Not sure. I noticed using the debug and TSW. Saw AI were all over the map in-game and then checked TSW and no players in any of those areas. And I know it's not static spawns cause all of those are disabled for me.

Not sure. I noticed using the debug and TSW. Saw AI were all over the map in-game and then checked TSW and no players in any of those areas. And I know it's not static spawns cause all of those are disabled for me.
Yup, same - I recently disabled my static (used to have them, but disabled for a bit whilst I figure out why the bandits won't shoot me if I am in my vehcile) :)

I think Sarge's AI are AWESOME! Just want to figure out these two little things :) Other than that though, lovin' it!

Yeah my players and I both thoroughly enjoy it. Adds another piece of suspense and unknowing to the game.. Be walking through the woods and randomly hear shots, not knowing if it's a player or an AI group. I also use mine as another way to get decent loot with the possible loot tables for the AI.

Yeah the only other glitch I currently have is getting "flagged" and not being able to get in cars with flagged players. I just gotta upload a rpt for Sarge which I'm going to do in an hour or so.

Ai shouldnt spawn in any grids where no players are around.

Can you reproduce that behaviour ? If so, please switch on KRON_UPS_DDEBUG and check if there are waypoint markers on the map.

In that case i would need a screenshot of a freshly started server, with a scresnhot of the map including the grid and all AI waypoint markers.

Thx & cheers

Sarge

I think my "bug" was more of my fault. I believe the AI were legitimately spawning but I did not have my cleanup correctly adjusted so it gave the illusion they were spawning with nobody around. I went and messed with it and now they are despawning as they should.

Back