AI Always Spawns Behind Players

Zombie-Chow

Why does the AI always spawn behind players, never in front or off to a side and you never see them walking in the distance.

I've used SARGAI and the AI used to be seen walking around in any direction, they also seemed to spawn randomly around the player. With DZAI (which incidentally I like better due to the AI being more difficult to put down) the AI always spawns behind a player.

Forgot to mention DayZ Epoch v 1.0.5.1 DZAI v 2.1.2

Last edited:
I agree. This was one of the reasons I switched back to Sarge. I liked how I seemed to run in to the AI. DZAI performs better, and has more realistic acting AI, however Sarge seemed to have more of a random run in type scenario.

It bothers me when I hear the better ai comments. Arma only has one ai logic that they ALL use so it might seem different but they are not. The difficulty of the ai are all configured in the config scripts.

As for spawning behind the player, that is possible but I am currently creating a custom mod and in my testing I have the debug working 24/7 to display ai locations and I can guarantee you that in dzai 2.3 ( whatever current over is) they do NOT spawn right behind you. They might sneak up behind you but they spawn away from you.

It bothers me when I hear the better ai comments. Arma only has one ai logic that they ALL use so it might seem different but they are not. The difficulty of the ai are all configured in the config scripts.

As for spawning behind the player, that is possible but I am currently creating a custom mod and in my testing I have the debug working 24/7 to display ai locations and I can guarantee you that in dzai 2.3 ( whatever current over is) they do NOT spawn right behind you. They might sneak up behind you but they spawn away from you.

Sounds like ill be switching back when that happens. I like the whole run in to them style instead of them being in your face.

Back