AI cant see at night so...?

FAQdaWorld

Thanks for a wonderful addon Sarge, cant wait for the next version! In the meanwhile tho?

Would it be possible to force the AI to see as if it were daylight? I know this sort of thing can be run by the players (through admin tools and hacks and what not, environmental variables), so why cant we run this on the ai? This would solve the problem of the AI barely engaging people at night time and would make for much more interesting battles with them. (At present on our server people just farm them at night as they are easy pickings and that annoys me :p )

Just a thought, anybody try this or have an idea of how to implement it?

Also, I'm trying to give the AI rpg7's. I've gotten them to spawn with them and they will occasionally fire them as well, unfortunately however they tend to switch between the rpg and nothing several times before actually firing the rpg at an enemy. When they do fire, it tends to be devastating but frequently they waste too much time switching back and forth and end up getting gunned down before they can take a shot. Anything we can do?

I would like to know if this is possible too.
You can put NVG as part of the AI "potential item list". Just not sure if they actually use them or not.

The AI not seeing at night is an issue that I've only rectified by giving the NPC's NVG's 100% of the time. They do use them and use them well. The only trouble is that players can loot those NVG's, well that's a problem I saw since it was easy to get NVG's by killing AI.
Not to plug another AI script but DZAI has non lootable NVG's that I wish could be implemented into Sarge's.

Unless you give the AI NVGs they act as normal players would.

DZAI has a setting that temporarily gives their AI NVGs but then removes them and fills the body with the actual loot.

If you run an Epoch server, you could just give the AI NVGs 100% of the time and instead lower the price that the vendors buy NVGs for.

Actually wouldn't mind making a night server and just giving everyone NVGs. Even the AI.
Would make dealing with the zeds easier, but also a more surreal experience as well.

Back