AI weapon loadouts/spawn distance

PipBoy

Hey, I'm fairly new to all the scripting stuff but I've got a decent handle on it. My question is thus: I'm trying to change the weapon loadouts for the AI and also alter the distance they spawn at.

I know how to change the loadouts but I think I've created an issue. AI does not appear to be spawning at all.

Here's what my "rifleman" line from SAR_Config.sqf looks like

SAR_rifleman_weapon_list = ["Makarov","glock17_EP1","M9","UZI_EP1","revolver_EP1","AK_74","AK_47_M","AKS_74_kobra","AKS_74_U","FN_FAL","LeeEnfield","M16A2",m16a4_acg","M4A1","M4A1_Aim","M4A3_CCO_EP1","MR43","M1014","Remington870_lamp","Winchester1866","MP5A5"];

My understanding is that it will just pick one weapon for them to use. Is this correct or is there a mistake because I'm not supposed to have pistols/rifles on the same list? The "pistol" list for all classes is still blank.

Second, is it possible to alter the distance the AI spawns at? I want to increase it.

My server is also saying stuff like this, which I have never seen before.

0:40:16 HiveExt(0): [Information] Method: 201 Params: 33:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:1:[AK_74,aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady01,42]:0:0::0:
0:40:16 HiveExt(0): [Information] Result: ["PASS"]
0:40:29 HiveExt(0): [Information] Method: 201 Params: 33:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:[AK_74,aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady01,42]:0:0::0:
0:40:29 HiveExt(0): [Information] Result: ["PASS"]
0:40:41 HiveExt(0): [Information] Method: 201 Params: 33:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:[AK_74,aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady03,42]:0:0::0:
0:40:41 HiveExt(0): [Information] Result: ["PASS"]
0:40:54 HiveExt(0): [Information] Method: 201 Params: 33:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:[AK_74,aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady03,42]:0:0::0:
0:40:54 HiveExt(0): [Information] Result: ["PASS"]
0:41:06 HiveExt(0): [Information] Method: 201 Params: 33:[]:[]:[]:[]:false:false:0:0:0:0:[AK_74,aidlpknlmstpslowwrfldnon_player_idlesteady04,42]:0:0::0:

Dont put pistols in the riflelist. I am checking when arming AI and goving them ammo if the weapon that was selected from the list is of class "Rifle" ...

Sarge

So I can put anything there except things that go in the "pistol" slot? IE: I could put an MP5 or a HMG there but not an UZI?

Edit: I fixed it earlier by just undoing what I did, but I'd still like to give them some more varied loadouts. Thanks!

Alright, new question:

How do the files SAR_Config (where you can edit loadouts, etc) and the SAR_cfg_grps files work together? For example in the GRPS file I can change max group size, but also in the Config file. Which is the "master"? Does one override the other or do they both need to be set the same?

For example is my Config file is set to "max group size 6" but I make a group in the GRPS file "max size 8", which line of code does the game pay attention to?

Thanks again! Bigger thanks because apparently I cannot read and you've taken the time to answer my dumbass questions :D

And thanks for the mod! Now if I could just turn zombies all the way off I'd have a perfect map to play with friends

Back