Always In combat - Works well with discobot

Gorsy

Valued Member!
Help and Discussion for Always in combat begins here...
Just try and combat log on our servers now pussy-ass-mofo's we got this shit on lockdaoooowwwwwn

Giving this a go today, thanks for posting here and lets hope it works :D

Thanks this makes the bot script a lot more useful gonna try it out :D

ADD:
Code:
disableserialization;

UNDER:
Code:
//ActiveCombat 1.0 by Daimyo
private["_dialog","_dangerNear","_dangerClosest","_cnt","_isInCombat","_playerCombat","_inVehicle"];

To fix the login error. :) +1 for the script brother!
Ah cool thank you tortured, Working on a million things at once here :p including a new script lol. Not had time to get back here and sort it out :p

I got the anti-combat log script added today no problems, but when I tried to add this and start my server it said it couldn't find 'activeCombat.sqf'

I created a folder called 'combat' in my mission.pbo, and then had this in the init.sqf

Code:
_null = [] execVM "combat\activeCombat.sqf";

Can anyone help me with what I've done wrong?

I'm using dayz.st if it makes any difference

Make sure it is in the !isDedicated area of your init.sqf.

Also make sure when you created your activeCombat.sqf that it isnt actually a text file. ie activeCombat.sqf.txt

You have to show file extensions in windows for this to work or use Notepad++.

I got the anti-combat log script added today no problems, but when I tried to add this and start my server it said it couldn't find 'activeCombat.sqf'

I created a folder called 'combat' in my mission.pbo, and then had this in the init.sqf

Code:
_null = [] execVM "combat\activeCombat.sqf";

Can anyone help me with what I've done wrong?

I'm using dayz.st if it makes any difference

Make sure ur folder isnt called Combat and ur looking for combat, silly things like that sometimes make a diference. and make sure it is in ur dedicated area like mine above. I made the same mistake originally :p

This is a stretch, but is there a way for people who get kicked for high ping to not be affected by combat log and its consequences?

Hmm possibly, Ive been trying to get ping to work on my debug monitor, but have yet to find a command to retrieve the ping of a player. If I could figure out how to retreive the ping (which must be possible for the auto kick on ping thing some servers have) then it would just be a case of some if's and elses

Optional
You can also edit the Logout message so they have to stand still in your player_onPause.sqf
case (player getVariable["combattimeout", 30] >= time) : {
_btnAbort ctrlEnable false;
cutText ["You Must Stand Still for 30 seconds to log out!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

can you explain this abit more?

in my description.ext i edited this line:

onPauseScript = "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_onPause.sqf";

to:

onPauseScript = "player_onPause.sqf";

and copied the player_onPause.sqf from the client files into my mission file

edited the file accordingly...

so instead of

case (player getVariable["combattimeout", 0] >= time) : {
//cutText ["Cannot Abort while in combat!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
cutText [format[localize "str_abort_playerincombat",_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

i put in that green text there....

when i press escape even without flashing combat icon i cannot abort, also the text You Must Stand Still for 30 seconds to log out! does not show. when i press escape again to hide the escape menu it shows the text for a few seconds.

any idea?

Hmm possibly, Ive been trying to get ping to work on my debug monitor, but have yet to find a command to retrieve the ping of a player. If I could figure out how to retreive the ping (which must be possible for the auto kick on ping thing some servers have) then it would just be a case of some if's and elses

Yea. I am not sure what gets sent to the server when a player is kicked. If we can find that, I'm sure we can work it in :)

Sooo description.ext

Link that to your player_onpause.sqf

Line 10(ish): onPauseScript = "player_onPause.sqf";

then here is my player_onPause script with a count down timer insted of just a static message

http://pastebin.com/qrWtkjt2

(Please note that it does also have the greyed out abort button on death for 4 seconds, but not managed to get the messages working on that one yet. But it does stop 99% of players bodies sinking into the ground cuz they hit abort to fast :p)

yeh I changed it to a countdown timer the ummm

case (player getVariable["combattimeout", 18] >= time) : {
cutText [format ["Can Abort in %1", (_timeMax - _timeOut)], "PLAIN DOWN"];

soo that is looking at _timeMax, and counting down till _timeOut

you should change _timeMax at the top to 30, as ive not been able to figure out how to shorten the combat timer yet

Then you could say Stand Still for %1 insted of Can Abort In

update: not fully working for me...

sometimes the countdown went negative ... must stand still -20 seconds to abort... etc and it wouldnt let me abort ever :S

basicly used the file you provided and only edited the text that is displayed

I have one request, i have been tinkering with this and would like to make it where walking does not put you in combat but Driving / moving a vehicle etc. / being around zombies players would put you into combat.

Any pointers how to accomplish this.

Not 100% sure to be totally honest, It probably is possible by doing a velocity check its just figuring out the velocity for walking /runnings lol

update: not fully working for me...

sometimes the countdown went negative ... must stand still -20 seconds to abort... etc and it wouldnt let me abort ever :S

basicly used the file you provided and only edited the text that is displayed

There is a section for a zombie check in there, set it to 1, basically ur to close to zombies I think

Back