anti hack advice

ukdayz

hi,

so i have been running a dayz server for 4 weeks now, it has a few scripts running on it including AI and admin tools at the moment i run gotcha anti hack as i use a dayzst server which has battleeye installed as a standard, my question is now i have a slightly better idea of what i'm doing is Gotcha the right choice ??

Gotcha is terrible. No more to be said on that one.

If you have access to the server.pbo then ask hangender for his anti hack.

Or ask me, because I have the latest Version, totally free + with better support.
Send me a pm.

so gotcha is not great but the live monitor is excellent for a noob like me if gotcha is v bad what is out there that is good with live monitoring ?

i do have access to my server and mission pbo

Personally, I use the Anti-hack listed in x00's thread on my server, which leaves very little to worry about
Then I have my DayZ.st map open in the background on Live so I can flick to it now and then to make sure nothing has teleported (as it leaves a nice perfectly straight line)
And lastly I use DaRT to monitor in game chat, add bans and post admin messages to the server (This also has the option to show you logs etc live but I don't use it myself)

I sometimes use Gotcha when my server is full to kick people idling in lobby for X minutes to free up slots, you can also use it to monitor chat although I prefer DaRT

But no matter what you do, if you use Gotcha, turn off the teleport detection. All it does is catch innocent people desyncing. But to be honest there isn't much of a reason to use it

PM me or something if you want any more help on skype etc. I'm relatively new to this compared to some people on this forum but I've finally got my server where I want it without the 5 hackers a day I was getting before

so gotcha is not great but the live monitor is excellent for a noob like me if gotcha is v bad what is out there that is good with live monitoring ?

i do have access to my server and mission pbo

I know a server admin who uses TSW and loves it, but I haven't tried it. TSW isn't free though, so I doubt they'd allow me to link to it here.

Some drawbacks with TSW are that the guy who makes it (TheSilentWarrior) doesn't reply to my e-mails, he only sells licenses for the tool via e-mail, and the tool is only compatible with Bliss and Reality at the moment (I use Pwnoz0r's server pack which uses a different database format).

Back