Arma 3 Adjusted Restarter.exe

thevisad

Staff member
This restarter.exe (same as in the DayZ hive) has been modified to allow usage with Arma 3. I have given some examples of the usage of it in the INI file and included a txt file as well. All three are required to run multiple Arma 3 servers. This will allow you to run a server without steam caausing an issue and kicking the server since it's already running.

Added a required registry fix. When Arma 3 crashes this pops up the "This app has crashed" dialog box. This will prevent the restarter tool from properly restarting the server as needed. Run this registry file and it will remove this allowing the application to crash completely and retarter to work its magic.

http://abighole.hngamers.com/14zMf

Features:
Server/Client supported config options:
- noSound ( automatic setting )
- nosplash ( automatic setting )
- maxMem ( max system memory to use )
- exThreads ( base 0 number of threads )
- cpuCount ( number of cpus in machine )
- name ( profile name )
- profiles ( profile path )
- cfg ( basic config path\filename )
- config ( config path\filename )
- mod ( @Gigha )
- world ( stratis, your world, etc)
- ip (ip address)
- port (port number)
- netlog (true\false)
- server ( client\server )
- filepatching ( true\false ) NOTE true enables switch -noFilePatching
- initthis ( init on loading )

Client Supported Options
- connectip ( servers ip )
- connectport (servers port )
- password ( servers password )
- rankingfile ( ranking file path\filename )
- Supported config options

Usage:
I have given some examples of the usage of it in the INI file and included a txt file as well. All three are required to run multiple Arma 3 servers.

I included a required registry fix for Arma 3 crashing as well. When Arma 3 crashes this pops up the "This app has crashed" dialog box. This will prevent the restarter tool from properly restarting the server as needed. Run this registry file and it will remove this allowing the application to crash completely and retarter to work its magic.

Included in the package is a steam_app.txt file. This file is required to be able to run multiple servers at the same time. Without this you can only run 1 server.

Sample Config File:
[hngamers_1_stratis]
name=Reality
profiles=hngamers_1.stratis
config=hngamers_1.stratis\config.cfg
cfg=hngamers_1.stratis\basic.cfg
world=stratis
port=2326
cpuCount=2
exThreads=7
netlog=true
server=server
filepatching=false
rankingfile=hngamers_1.stratis\ranking.log

[hngamers_2_stratis]
name=RealityHC
profiles=hngamers_2.stratis
cpuCount=2
exThreads=7
netlog=false
server=client
connectip=127.0.0.1
connectport=2326
password=whatever

i dont know why,but on win server 2008, the restarter start arma3 the first time then it crash. also,multiple instance do not work, if you want an account to try it out just tell ms

I am running this on a Windows server 2008 r2 x 64 server without issue. You need to a) run the registry file that is included, b) copy the steam_app.txt file to the root of your arma folder. Without these two things you will crash and not be able to restart the server and also will not be able to run multiple servers.

Nope, leave it as is, just run the reg file and then copy the txt file to the root of your arma 3 folder. The text file contains the app id of arma 3

I downloaded this but doesn't seem to actually do anything. I placed the steam_app_id.txt in my arma 3 root directory. Tried it with my arma 3 server running and not running and either way a cmd prompt just opens and closes right away and nothing happens?

I don't see the txt file you mentioned in your repo either.

Your running the restarter.exe? with the reg file, arma crashes and exits immediately so you may not see the pop up occur.

Your running the restarter.exe? with the reg file, arma crashes and exits immediately so you may not see the pop up occur.

So I need to wait for the Arma3 server to crash before I can know if it works? I was trying to execute the exe to see if it would actually launch my Arma 3 wasteland server, I am now just getting invalid basic.cfg and config.cfg errors when executing it. I tried changing the .ini to match my path but is still the same error.

I did it like this, only thing I am unsure of what should I be putting for profile?

Code:
[Global]

[hngamers_3_stratis]
name=Reality
profiles=hngamers_1.stratis
config=wasteland\config.cfg
cfg=wasteland\basic.cfg
world=stratis
port=2365
cpuCount=2
exThreads=7

In your wasteland folder make sure you have your configs properly setup.

[Global]

[wasteland_3_stratis]
name=WHATEVERYOUWANT
profiles=wasteland
config=wasteland\config.cfg
cfg=wasteland\basic.cfg
world=stratis
port=2365
cpuCount=2
exThreads=7

Yes it can be used on A2, its not just for DayZ. The one that is on Armaholics is much more advanced.

Back