ARMAGEDDONGAMING.CO.UK | Epoch Chernarus and OverPoch Panthera

alexlawson

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
nM2hYRM.png
ArmageddonGaming.co.uk
Chernarus Epoch: 95.172.92.211:2302
Panthera OverPoch: 69.162.123.243:2302
Teamspeak Server: TS.ArmageddonGaming.co.uk

• AI missions (WAI + DZMS): This is a another big feature of the server. There are many different missions that can appear on the map there is also at least two missions on the map at once since every time a mission starts another one begins.
  • Snap Building Pro: This allows you to snap all the building objects in epoch together making it very easy and simple to get a straight base that isn't uneven or looks silly.
  • Plot4Life: When you die you do not have to replant the plot pole it will stay connected to your player.
  • Vector Building: With this you can pivot and spin all objects in epoch making base building a much more enjoyable and creative experience.
  • Custom Loot: More loot in buildings and more loot in non military buildings making looting more fun.
  • Tow and lift: Lift vehicles with helicopters and tow vehicles with other suitable vehicles.
  • Refuel, Repair and Rearm: This allows a player to refuel for free at service stations and pay using coins to repair and rearm there vehicle.
  • Deploy Bike: Using a toolbox a player can craft a bike to get around faster and you spawn with a toolbox.
  • Self Blood bag: If you are playing alone and are not in combat you can use a blood bag to refill your blood.
QDZLmLH.jpg

Last edited:
  • Self Blood bag: If you are playing a alone and are not in combat you can use a blood bag to refill your blood.
What if I am in combat and have been shot, am blurry eyed and weak. I desperately need a bloodbag and I have about 60 secpmds before the enemy is brave enough to storm the building. ...
Dare to be different and allow players to self bloodbag when they need it most!

What if I am in combat and have been shot, am blurry eyed and weak. I desperately need a bloodbag and I have about 60 secpmds before the enemy is brave enough to storm the building. ...
Dare to be different and allow players to self bloodbag when they need it most!
If you could self blood bag while in combat you could get hide then heal and be back to full health, couldn't tell if you where just messing with me there :).

Not at all, I think preventing people from doing things because they are in 'combat' is retarded. If I want to or am able to do something while being shot at, thats my choice. Maybe some last ditch effort with repairing a vehicle will save my life, but we will never know on a server that prevents actions during combat.
Case in point: I was playing on a server where they REALLY liked lots of hard AI .. and I had got shot a bit and was all greyed out but I am in the hospital and safe for the moment. Zombies are all around outside and I now have a bloodbag. But because the zombies were close by I could not give myself a bloodbag. After a few minutes i had to try to find someplace else safe, and of course was shot by the AI when i stepped out into the street.
My solution to "full health" is that when you self bloodbag you only get 50% increase. Instead of adding X blood I just multiplied blood x 1.5 so if you are at 2000, you get 3000. So the more wounded you are, the less you will recover ... almost reflects reality. And if another player bloodbags you then you get 200% (blood x 2) so again, you cant instantly regenerate. It takes time and multiple treatments ...

In my next server i dont think I am going to use the bloodbags, I think I am going to use the Epinephrine injections to regain health temporarily and completely remove bloodbags. To regain health you have to actually visit the doctor at a hospital.

That last bit sounds cool with having to visit the doctor bit still doesn't solve the problem you had with the AI using epinephrine to slowly get health and with all the bugs in the game causing you to almost die because you ran over a rock there is a big limit on what can be put into practice without annoying your players.

The 'annoying' thing is that I can't heal myself at all if zombies are outside the building or I shot at one.
Maybe I am too familiar with Dayz 1.8 versions and haven't played Epoch ... but all those annoying bugs and glitches are gone AFAIK and Dayz runs almost flawlessly .... Sounds like epoch hasnt caught up.
But thats besides the point, the idea is REMOVE one more annoying thing which is not being able to do anything during combat ... Its not just bloodbags, its everything.

it was just a suggestion on what a lot of people overlook I think. When shouldn't get this into a discussion of the merits have different aspects of the game
and the correct response from you should have been
its my server so STFU :D

The 'annoying' thing is that I can't heal myself at all if zombies are outside the building or I shot at one.
Maybe I am too familiar with Dayz 1.8 versions and haven't played Epoch ... but all those annoying bugs and glitches are gone AFAIK and Dayz runs almost flawlessly .... Sounds like epoch hasnt caught up.
But thats besides the point, the idea is REMOVE one more annoying thing which is not being able to do anything during combat ... Its not just bloodbags, its everything.

Have they moved the standalone fixes over to 1.8 if so I might check it out anyway I suppose its personal preference what someone finds annoying someone else might not since I never really need to blood-bag in combat since it would probably get me killed just like panic bandaging and I cannot think of any other times I cannot do something while in combat that would effect me playing.

stand alone fixes? The stand alone is as broken as an 80 year old hooker!
1.8 has been far ahead of the standalone right along and it is nearly flawless ... Imho.although I do not like the new blood type systems because it adds too much complexity

and my question about using sheepes repack is your single currency. I really detest the gold and silver methods of epoch and envision single currency as a requirement. I just didn't want to go to the trouble of doing it since sheep said he was going to include that in the next version.

as for other times of being in combat preventing you from doing something. How about when you are trying to get into a vehicle to escape and the vehicle either needs fuel or needs repaired but you're not allowed to do that either? Granted these things occur very rarely but when the opportunity to pull off a great get away or life-saving maneuver is stopped because you are in combat, that is a tragedy. At this point people have been trained to not do anything while there in combat so it probably doesn't matter nobody would ever make an attempt

Back