attack location

ukdayz

so my little community server is becoming quite popular thanks to some very clever scripts like Sarge legendary AI. Members have now begun to ask for more and more role play options

They are about to move base location to a larger base, and have asked for a never ending wave attack on the old base,
The concept is they all login at the community base and as a team they will hold off the attack some will be packing vehicles with supplies currently stored in their tents while others shoot at the on going wave attacks, then swap over allowing the others to pack what they can before the swarms get more and more, until they either start dying and lose all their worldly goods or know when there beat, get in the vehicles and head for the new base

now should i use Ai and how can i make it fair maybe give them low end weapons ? or should i use Z'ds

your thoughts are gratefully recieved

well,

nice scenario :) from a reality perspective Zeds would be better imo, but AI might be easier to implement.

It's something that would need some additional coding though .... The issue is increasing waves, i have no creative idea of how to do that with the existing framework.

First thought is to lower the respawn times for each time a squad was killed - second thought is to run a function that checks number of AI and increases that slowly depending on some conditions.

To get them all attacking the base, set radio coverage on, and increase the distance - then simply spawn a group that can see and identify people in the base, that one will share that information then. On a second thought,this could be even used for waves ... position squads in different distances and let them be alerted ... they will head to the target, and depending on the distance arrive as waves ...

Lots to think about, i am off for 5 days, will have another look at this next monday.

cheers, Sarge

the radio sounds like a good idea for sure maybe have them arrive in a tank, now that would make their butt cheeks clench with the effect of "OMG .....RUUUN"

Back