[BETA] DayZ Aftermath

Rossymond

Staff member
Hi all, welcome to our little section of OpenDayZ.

As some of you know, myself and a small group have been working hard on Aftermath for around 4 months. We are currently in closed beta testing with around 60 people. Progress is great and the mod has already grabbed the attention of youtubers and streamers who have made some short preview videos.

I would like to get my thank yous in early, as without this forum the mod would never be here. So many many thanks to everyone who helped out, including script creators who kindly let me use/fiddle with there creations. You guys are all awesome.

We where determined from the start to just make the DayZ WE wanted to play, and so far we all love it.

Here's some videos for a short preview, head to our forum and site in my sig for more info.

We have a high spec dedi box waiting to host 5-10 servers and then it will be up to the community to host as many as they want and to make the mod there own, just as we have.

Obviously, the videos are just an intro, a lot of things are unfinished and theres FAR too many weapons and us lot arsing around on those videos lol. But you get the general idea :)

Rossymond

Hmm... not bad mate. But as a little feedback / suggestion for up-coming previews :

If you would talk a little bit slower, it would be more easy to understand for people who are not so familiar with english. Specially if its with accent. ;) Anyways.... great stuff. Looking forward to it.

Those videos are not created by myself, they are created by PsySyndicate, a fairly well known dayz streamer/reviewer. But I do agree, he talks way too quickly :)

I'm looking forward to this mod and I'm relieved to hear that the community will be able to host their own servers. The mod looked very interesting from PsiSyndicate's videos of the mod and it would have been a pity for it to be closed off to the public.

Also loving the sound mod that's included in AfterMath. It seems like the same one in Overwatch and Breaking Point, and I'm glad to see it make an appearance here. In my opinion it's a vast improvement over the vanilla A2 sounds.

Thanks buttface. Yeah that sound mod is just the best one in my opinion, but we have gone a few stages further, adding new SFX for every action and overriding almost every ambient SFX in the game also :)

this looks amazing, very creative and unique. I hope you get alot of success with this and continue to make it even more unique :)

Damn this is going to be freaking awesum to play

This looks really good!!! It's actually a true mod with the new content. Looking forward to the public server files for this one.

Wow this mod looks awesome. The customisations are really nice, they fit perfectly to the map. Great job, thumbs up and go ahead :)

I've been trying to resist.....Here's one tiny little teaser. Hope you like it....you should see the houses ;)

Theres also a few dozen other shiney new 3D models :D

43OJKLI.jpg

I've been trying to resist.....Here's one tiny little teaser. Hope you like it....you should see the houses ;)

Theres also a few dozen other shiney new 3D models :D

43OJKLI.jpg

LIKE THIS !! i work everyday with it on my work ! great idea ! i'll also play this mod when its comming out !

## CANT WAIT PLOX

Back