BLISS under load?

DayZ is a write heavy on MySQL database server. Busy server will work better if the MySQL database is hosted on another machine. Basically everything that happens in the game-world gets written to a database every few seconds. When server population reaches 30+ I have seen MySQL starting to choke up on IO, on top of that the arma server consumes a lot of CPU cycles. When that happens server crashes and restarts.

I ran 2 servers on a 6 core VDS that had the DB on it too, they have 40+ players most times with no issues. It might be your setup.

MinBandwidth=12800000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MaxMsgSend=128;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=256;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=1348;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MinErrorToSend=0.0099999998;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};

I just run a mysql DB.

DayZ is a write heavy on MySQL database server. Busy server will work better if the MySQL database is hosted on another machine. Basically everything that happens in the game-world gets written to a database every few seconds. When server population reaches 30+ I have seen MySQL starting to choke up on IO, on top of that the arma server consumes a lot of CPU cycles. When that happens server crashes and restarts.

That is just not right. Mysql can handle it easly. It's arma2oaserver process that just filled up with "idontknowwhat"
has nothing to do with the mysql performance !

this is mine (dual quadcore, 16GB running 2 30 slot servers)

Code:
MinBandwidth=102400000;
MaxBandwidth=230400000;
MaxMsgSend=92;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=128;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
    maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=5;
serverLatitude=52;
serverLongitudeAuto=5;
serverLatitudeAuto=52;

Note: running the mssql-db on a seperate machine in the local 10GB-network (unix-based) so the server only handles the files and exe's

Whats your start up command for the server.

Mine:
Code:
start /REALTIME .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port 2302 -config=dayz_1.chernarus\configtje.cfg -cfg=dayz_1.chernarus\basic.cfg -profiles=dayz_1.chernarus -name Bliss -mod=@DayZ;@bliss_1.chernarus -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=2 -bandwidthAlg=2 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=2048

And i scheduled restart every 4 hour.

Killzone i don't know why you ask here.
We are in ts everyday, i've ran servers for 14 years , i've told you millions of times...

It's not server hardware or network related, infact it only started clogging up since we switched to bliss.
We used to run lingor 45 man and a cherno 45 man on anti-rocket build and saintly with no problem. (at the same time)

What i am getting suspcious of now is the custom scripts running, something fails under load.
The "network message pending" is some packets that are to big being ignored, or they are not passed to be processed as something fails in between, this is what is slowing things down.

You can turn on/off timers for windows and it doesn't help with the process, which is not what should happen.
There is alot of custom scripts that need to be turned off and then try and eliminate the problem, we are not running default bliss remember, it's nearly an entire different hive after u have edited it.

I have the same problem, with 50 people in cherno, after upgrate to beta 99313 i don't know if this related but it's sucks :D

i haven't notice any log spam or slows querys.

i will migrate to 99515 and back to update the thread.

EDIT: 99515 is most stable until now!

So I've seen somewhere the server continues to write to database during a certain amount of time...
Now, BEC can be used to #lock the server for the last 5 minutes, but after that a #shutdown is passed : no more things written in DB after shutdown :s
Is there a way to kick all players on those last 5 minutes ?

for example, juste before the automatic restart :
10 minutes : server is #lock
5 min : server is empty, players are kicked
0 min so the restart...

It leaves 5 minutes to be sure all data are stored in DB.
But how to kick all ?! I've looked for a command, nothing to kick everybody, only 1 player :s

Back