blood regeneration

denpes

Hi, I've been playing Dayz 2017 V2.01 for quite some hours, and I really enjoyed it. For me it's the best dayz mod atm.

In the previous versions the balance wasn't right, and therefore Dayz2017 was very boring after a while. But with Version 2 the devs really hit the nail!! The balance is almost perfect in the vanilla v2.01.

My feature request would be:
You should only be able to eat if your foodindicator is below 50 percent. I don't know if this is achievable. But it would surely increase realism. Since no one could eat if they are stuffed already.

(oh btw, i really really hope that the balance in the next version will not be changed too much, like inctreasing spawnrates of certain items again, because as I already mentioned, imo its almost perfect as it is right now)

That's actually a rather good suggestion! And also perfectly feasable, very easy to do.

Might be able to do this for version 2.1, no promises though since we already have a lot on the list.

Thanks.

I already thought about how to get rid of quick blood regeneration "exploit", since you guys already removed the bloodbags.. A 15 mins timer, or something similar, would be more effort to program i guess. And checking the food indicator percentage is just a user generated request check like
user tries to eat:
IF bloodpercentage = < 50 then "eat" ELSE message "you're stuffed already"

I hope it gets in. ;) But i'm already very happy with the current state of the mod, since you guys did a great job.

Thanks.

I already thought about how to get rid of quick blood regeneration "exploit", since you guys already removed the bloodbags.. A 15 mins timer, or something similar, would be more effort to program i guess. And checking the food indicator percentage is just a user generated request check like
user tries to eat:
IF bloodpercentage = < 50 then "eat" ELSE message "you're stuffed already"

I hope it gets in. ;) But i'm already very happy with the current state of the mod, since you guys did a great job.
That's pretty much how it would go (sorta)... but a timer wouldn't be a good choice, because of the following:
- It can lag the game
- It is inaccurate
- It is unpractical for us developers ;)

So the eating < 50 then eat else don't is the best, I'd think.

Oh just a quick thought on this. If you intend to implement it, then it might be best to have a percentage like 10 or 20 instead of 50. Because else it would be a bit too harsh, because if some player is in really bad shape, he would walk around with bad vision and hearing for a long time.

Back