Bodies Despawning Too Fast

Depends on the cleanup.fsm that you use.

In mine, i see a
Code:
_numDead > 300
which can be adjusted.

Be careful though, too many dead bodies will lead to lag.

Ok, after checking mine, it's the same. I seriously doubt that there are 300 dead bodies on my server when these AI bodies are vanishing. My server isn't that busy.

Which AI packages are you using ? Only my framework ? Or anything else in addition?

Post your init.sqf, then we'll see if anything in there impacts the AI despawning.

Which AI packages are you using ? Only my framework ? Or anything else in addition?

Post your init.sqf, then we'll see if anything in there impacts the AI despawning.

I just added the animated heli crashes, but this was happening before that, with the previous version and the current version of your AI script. init.sqf is attached.

Attachments

• init.sqf
    2.4 KB · Views: 7
Init is fine. I still do not understand why you face the issue with a low pop server, while high pop servers do not run into that.

I will need your SAR_config.sqf, an extract of your server rpt file showing the delete messages for bodies, and an rpt with all debug levels in SAR AI enabled to be able to help you further.

Init is fine. I still do not understand why you face the issue with a low pop server, while high pop servers do not run into that.

I will need your SAR_config.sqf, an extract of your server rpt file showing the delete messages for bodies, and an rpt with all debug levels in SAR AI enabled to be able to help you further.

How do I change the debug levels and what am I looking for in the RPT? I see lots of lines with "DELETE" in them, but they are referring to "DELETE UNCONTROLLED ZOMBIE".

Ok, I found the place to enable debug, but when I just joined the map and killed 3 or 4 AI survivors, they didn't despawn quickly. I am not sure if my players are losing track of time and don't realize it, if only certain types of AI are despawning fast (Bandits or soldiers?), or if it's only happening under certain situations. I'm not going to leave the debug levels on because I want to be able to play when those settings are turned on. I'll let you know if I see this problem again.

I hate reviving old threads, but I'm having the exact same problem. Low pop server, never any time to loot anything. I changed variables.sqf to 20 minutes and they still disappear before we can loot. I did notice the following error in RPT and the body cleanup said it was only cleaning up "1" body.

22:54:37 Error in expression < server_hiveReadWrite;
if ((count units _x==0) && !(_x getVariable["SAR_protect">
22:54:37 Error position: <_x==0) && !(_x getVariable["SAR_protect">
22:54:37 Error Undefined variable in expression: _x

That line looks familiar though. Isn't that one of the lines you have to change? I rememeber from the last time I was on Github and I may have forgotten that step when building the new server. Would that linbe cause the issue? Seems it would.

Back