Can't Anyone Else Make 3.0?

Yoshi

Just wondering, since this is pretty dead in the water, why nobody else has had a crack at doing it?

If there is no legal reason not too, then I would like to. I may not get very far, but would certainly try.

TAVI3.png

Make it happen :)

Would love to see that, Origin already has 3.0 but they don't allow usage :(

They plan on a public release though when 2.0 comes out perhaps then it will be available for all of us?

Ok, so with my limited knowledge of Tavi, does anyone have a brief changelog from what we have to work with, to what is being used for origins.

This is what the Origins readme says:

Warning!

All New Models and custom coding modules in this mod are property of GamersPlatoon Organization Ripthrough/Dynamic Labs Studios.

DayZOrigins is a Free mod of DayZ, However Taviana 3 & 4 Series which include ( SectorB islad) and the models used are made for several other projects and require prior authorization from owners before use.

Unauthorized use of the models known as "Survivor Made Vehicles" or other materials without written permission from owners will be subject to legal charges.

* Taviana V1.0, V1.5, V2.0 and Taviana 2.5 (TaviSnow) can be used in other modes and public servers

* Taviana 2.5 ( snow ) will be available for public download on BIS Forums soon.

Contact us www.DayzOrigins.com

So perhaps somebody can strip Tavi 3.0 from Origins and leave out the copyrighted stuff? From what I understand that would be allowed.

I'm not a programmer or mod creator, just someone that really wants Tavi 3.0 so forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about at all ;)

If I would know how to I would do it but as you said yourself my skills are very limited. I don't want sectorB island or Survivor made vehicles. we would like the map fixed up and updated with latest dayz code either with 1.7.6 or 1.7.7/.8 that is I think going to be release soon...

You can't "strip out" the new parts of Taviana, it's a map, not code, You'd have to edit the map itself which is the property of Martin, and you would also need the layer config file which I'm fairly sure he would not share.

What's wrong with the current release?

FYI I know that Breaking Point and Epoch both plan on supporting Taviana as a map on their mods eventually...

I'm not even sure what people are looking for here? What features do you guys want if you're going to remove all the proprietary Origins stuff?

Origins will be public eventually and will include the map as I understand it; so what's the urgency?

Just add in the features you want to your Taviana 2.0 server. You want zombies to spawn and attack when players are inside vehicles? You can do that. You want a few zombies to randomly wander the countryside? You can do that. Want to add extra buildings or make Tavi look the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse? Easily done - if you put in the time. Or how about making zombies more alert, or hit harder, etc.? you can do that too. What else is really left? A wood chopping sound? Meat labelled according to the animal you harvested it from?

I have much respect for the authors of Tavi 2.0 and .eu and the immense, not for profit amount of time they invest in creating and updating their mods however, there are so many changes one can do serverside that amount to a sort of "personal" update of Tavi. The only way I would update now provided 3.0 was released is if my server provider forced me to do so.

Porting the latest dayz code to the 2.0 taviana map isn't that huge of a deal, especially if you start with the base code Hicks & Team already started... however I wouldn't be surprised if they are just waiting for the release of the NEXT official code to do that... but who knows.

There is no "property of Martin"!
He is a retard that thinks he has legal right to Taviana.

He made Taviana with Bohemias tools, therefore Taviana is a property of Bohemia Interactive.
The retard also makes money on Bohemias property and argues to try and scare people off.

Feel free to stip out everything you want to and make your own version of Taviana and share it everywhere.

Its time to put a stop to this retard, he and his "origins" are holding back the entire modding community.

That thought did come to mind. I very much doubt actual copyright has been taken out on anything to do with tavi or origins as they are stupidly expensive. Also as you said, it was all made using BIS tools.

There is no "property of Martin"!
He is a retard that thinks he has legal right to Taviana.

He made Taviana with Bohemias tools, therefore Taviana is a property of Bohemia Interactive.
The retard also makes money on Bohemias property and argues to try and scare people off.

Feel free to stip out everything you want to and make your own version of Taviana and share it everywhere.

Its time to put a stop to this retard, he and his "origins" are holding back the entire modding community.

I'm not sure where this site got the idea that people don't own their work, but over on the bohemia forums there is ZERO confusion.. if a modder tells you don't touch his stuff DON'T...

AND YES they think/assert they can sue, and that's not Martin that's W0lle and other mods/LONG TIME members...

Not sure why you think you deserve to use someone elses work however you see fit w/o so much as asking first?

BTW... that retard MADE HIS OWN ISLAND when he was tired of dealing with property issues like this... why don't you quit bitching and do the same.

and FYI Kinghunt is loaded, like oil money loaded, so even if it's posturing and not legit I'm sure he has spent the money on copyrights....

What about the opendayz version of origins? is that still around or was it just the one release?

They've gone completely silent on the issues I know he threatened to sue them...

Would love to hear more info from anyone who's actually been approached...

I've been told by Origins crew that we can use their stuff when it's public, there isn't really anything we're interested in though, and frankly I don't like Taviana as a map, it's too cartoony for me.

Best of luck with it.

Now you mention it, other than the house building which is kinda cool, there is not really anything I would die for in origins. Much the same as you, I'm not a huge fan of taviana, other than its shear size gives huge scope.

I would never consider using other peoples work with permission or credit where it is due, but when you consider how "open" this whole community is about everything, it's a shame how closed door they are being with origins.

Sure it's fine work, and well past average joes such as myself, but still, it's a shame seeing so many people use it as a money making scheme. It's such a shame how DayZ made it to this.

See here's the thing for me, how are they making money? I mean for real, I'm sure they're dumping more into it then they're getting out... communities for DayZ aren't exactly generous... I've NEVER gotten a donation for my public hive, when DayZ Sahrani did the closed test on DayZ Horror they shared their donation history with us so we would know they weren't making money or anything, and believe me.... donation buttons are not getting clicked a lot lol.

Origins is just forcing people to use approved partners and pay their (the partners) normal rental fees, there is no extra origins charge.... They NEED to do that in order to test their public hive feature...

Another thing... DayZ/Arma2 Community is NOT actually open lol... it just got cracked open lol.

The reason Origins has soooo many developers from BI is because he promised NOT to take stuff that wasn't theirs... which is what most if not all of the mods do... often not crediting their original authors...

I'm sure that WE are failing to credit people we should be... it's really confusing who makes what and whether you're allowed to use it or not... and it depends on what YOU are doing with it too...

For example... a server owner/admin can install Robert Hammer guns on top of whatever map/mod he's running and there are no worries... however Our Mod can NOT use them without permission to package and re-distribute those assets... LOTS of people/mods just do that anyway... but you're not "supposed" to...

Most asset makers don't bother getting pissed or doing anything about it... mostly because it's costly to do so...

I have a feeling that Kinghunt offered to cover those expenses... so it's VERY likely that they in fact DO have copyrights for all the assets they are using and are likely waiting for a very clear cut case to pursue to set a president.

My guess is as soon as one of the big server runners that make money (DIG BMRF BalotaBuddies, LaughingMan etc) use one of the assets he's protected, he's going to sue based on their profiting off of others work...

Once that's done then it's really easy to send around whatever C&D's you want and win in court should it ever reach there.

There are shitpiles of assumption in all of this statement though.

yeah we're just waiting on the next code lock for official dayz mod.

Send all the stuff to [email protected] and feel free to join my TS server any time to talk.

We have LOTS more for you to work on if you want.

Back