[OPEN] Change Loading Screen

muggerfugger

In the DayZ Beta, we were able to change the Loading Screen logo.

I did a quick look at the files, and so much as changed, or i just can't find the settings.

Has anyone else been able to find where the loading screen settings are?

thanks

ok so first major issue is the images are in EDDS format and i cant open/create images in this format.

the loading screens are called from Scripts.PBO UIManager.c

full PBO path: dta\scripts\3_Game\tools\UIManager.c

specifically this section of code

Code:
//! Returns random loading background texture path
string GetRandomLoadingBackground()
{
    const string images[] = {"{655A1BF79F5B291}Gui/textures/loading_screens/loading_screen_1_co.edds", "{84BE5F7442BD4B}Gui/textures/loading_screens/loading_screen_2_co.edds"};
    Math.Randomize(-1);
    int index = Math.RandomInt(0, 100) % 2;
    return images[index];
}

once we can edit/create EDDS it should be a simple edit or override to add remove loading screens :)

hope this helps

EDIT: the actual loadingscreen images are in GUI.PBO

Last edited:
ok after some screwing around testing theres another issue.

the Scripts.PBO and the GUI.PBO that loads the loading screens is the one from the client NOT the server

you can test easily by dePBO \DayZ\dta\gui.pbo and then replace dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_1_co.edds and dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_2_co.edds with blank files connect to server and loading screen is blank white square

if you replace the server side ones they still load the original images/loading screens

this presents a whole new set of questions.

What PBO does the server actual load and what parts?

Do certain visual edits require a client side edit?

Can we override a client called PBO function/class with a server side one?

ok so you can change/make a EDDS file like so

1. create a TGA image and save
2. rename from .tga to.edds

SO i can change the loading screen doing the following CLIENT side changes

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!

1. DePBO \DayZ\dta\gui.pbo
2. create a TGA image make sure to name/save as loading_screen_1_co.edds change extension from .tga to .edds
(if you only want one loading screen copy it and rename copy to loading_screen_2_co.edds )
3. replace the dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_1_co.edds with your newly created one
(also replace dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_2_co.edds if created one)
4. RePBO \DayZ\dta\gui.pbo
5. start game and connect to your server ( you may need to change verifysignatures to 0 in serverDZ.cfg
EG: verifySignatures = 0;

now to figure out how to get it to load server side :)

ok so you can change/make a EDDS file like so

1. create a TGA image and save
2. rename from .tga to.edds

SO i can change the loading screen doing the following CLIENT side changes

ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP!

1. DePBO \DayZ\dta\gui.pbo
2. create a TGA image make sure to name/save as loading_screen_1_co.edds change extension from .tga to .edds
(if you only want one loading screen copy it and rename copy to loading_screen_2_co.edds )
3. replace the dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_1_co.edds with your newly created one
(also replace dta\gui\textures\loading_screens\loading_screen_2_co.edds if created one)
4. RePBO \DayZ\dta\gui.pbo
5. start game and connect to your server ( you may need to change verifysignatures to 0 in serverDZ.cfg
EG: verifySignatures = 0;

now to figure out how to get it to load server side :)

Do you or anyone know what size the photo needs to be? I can't open the original to get the correct size.

Thanks in Advance

Back