Congrats Sarge!

Jack Marslow

Just wanted to say congratulation man. First server Add-on to get its own section on the forums. Big Props!

Edit: I love this Addon btw. Brings possibilities to make "Missions" inside of the game. "Raid Skolitsi Island!" Possibilities for this stuff are pretty big. I've been looking for a way to "start" a mission. For instance, place a few soldiers inside of the construction site, when a player enters the area a scroll menu appears and asks if they want to start the mission. If they accept bandits spawn and comence an attack on the base. Victory condition spawns a weapon cache in the middle of the area that the soldiers have "given to you" as a reward for helping them defend the site.

If I ever get this working (I doubt it :p) Ill def post.

Thx mate .-)

your idea is actually pretty easy to implement.

set a trigger around the construction site, on activation enable the menu for the player that triggered it, and if he accepts, call SAR_AI with patrol actions for a couple of groups, you could set the area shapes to corridors leading towards the construction building.

The more interesting part is a) the winning criteria (all AI dead, so you will need to track AI kills), and b) the error exceptions like - not starting multiple missions, what to do when other players around, figure out the exact player that activated the trigger).

Enough stuff for some nights of learning excitement :)

cheers & good luck,

Sarge

more elegant, and more IDK wtf u talkin bout willis. haha.

Btw sarge, what does your script create the AI under? I.e. for every zombie out there they are a type of "zZombie_Base" " animals being "CAAnimalBase". The reason I ask is Im trying to get a map marker script running to show me where these AI are for further Debuging purposes. I have 3 groups of 3 and 3 groups of 2 in a smallish area on skolitsi and sometimes it seems like half that number are there. If you'd like Ill PM u the script so u can see what im talkin about. Just one a picked up on MPGH for this.

The config classes of the AI are the ones that usually people understand as "skins".

If you are talking about the parent class, use CAManBase.

Didn't want to make a new topic, but thanks a lot Sarge for your script! So easy to config, and I currently have a lot of fun with it on my server. It's actually fun to watch with binoculars how they work and move, how they cvheck out buidlings and stuff.

I only spawn bandit groups with all their quality set to the max, and it gives everyone a hard time, especially because it's a dayz 2017 server with dayz 2017 weapons only. I now even have a hard time when there is just 1 person on the server ;)

When I have decent weapons, I can ofcourse defeat them , but since i spawn more bandit groups per grid, and also the zombies make it hard to loot their bodies, and it is Dayz 2017, it still is a great challenge.

Back