Converting Mission.Biedi to Script

justin andrews

So I'm new to the scene of scripting and was using http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php
to upload my mission.biedi it would then give me a script I copyed and uploaded to my server's SQL.

Well http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php is now down and I have no idea now how to update my server with new buildings. I have a new Mission.biedi I would like to upload to server but don't know how to do that anymore without that link.

Anyone able to break this down for me to a level I can understand and actually utilize?

Appreciate any help I'm sure I'm not the only one that was using that link to upload new buildings.

Lets go for a ride...

When you are done in the editor and save your mission file as MyMapName.
it goes here: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\ArmA 2\missions\MyMapName (or somewhere close to that you should know if you know where your .bedi is)

Open the mission.sqm file in MyMapName folder.

Copy all of this good stuff:
Code:
_vehicle_11 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [4635.2856, 10493.992, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_11 = _this;
  _this setDir 58.857197;
  _this setPos [4635.2856, 10493.992, 3.0517578e-005];
};

Each one of those bad boys is a building... make sure you do not copy the playable character you used in the editor.

Now create a new file called buildings.sqf <--- name can be anything you like.

Now in that file you want it to look like this:
Code:
if (isServer) then {

_vehicle_11 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [4635.2856, 10493.992, 3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_11 = _this;
  _this setDir 58.857197;
  _this setPos [4635.2856, 10493.992, 3.0517578e-005];
};
};
And save this file in you mission folder.

Now in your mission folder open your init.sqf and add this @ the bottom somewhere:
Code:
//buildings
[] ExecVM "buildings.sqf";

Pack your stuff and enjoy!

Need any help just paste your editor mission file and i'll set them up for you.

BTW im far from perfect so anything i did wrong ^^ or did not explain feel free to point it out.

hey machine ! please can u help me, if i give you my mission.biedi and my mission.pbo can u add this for me please ? :)
Thanks !.-

ofc but first i need....
35ze3t.jpg

- OR -

your files :p

no seriously upload them somewhere I'll knock it out in 15 mins

got it

Edit:

Not 100% sure this one will work but will try it.
_objectComposition_2 = [[6480.5269, 3014.4634, -6.9618225e-005], 187.30771, "SmallBase"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectmapper.sqf"));

Hey Machine, I seen what you are doing for these other fellas, and I was wondering if you can help me with mine too :) I am trying to make a custom base in Epoch Chernarus but I cant seem to merge the custom base sqm with the Epoch sqm. If your willing to help me I will upload all the files you need, just lemme know which ones!

Thank you much!

Back