Dayz Epoch Sahrani Problem

J3T

Valued Member!
Hey there,
so we are running a DayZ Epoch Sahrani Server and what our Problem is, we can't get anything of the Sahranispecific stuff to work (Like the Vehicles, the Skins or the LoginMenu).
What i think the Problem is, that the config files of Sahrani are somehow overwritten by the Epoch ones. And maybe it can be changed during a massive merge of the two Server and Missionfiles. Not sure though.

Anyone maybe be able to figure that out?

Sorry for my english, it's late where i'm living and this is giving me headache

cheers

So, yeah, I've noticed the conflicts myself, I've never looked at it in depth, but long and short is exactly that. Epoch Dayz_code.pbo is overwriting ours. Same goes of any other redundant ones I'd imagine.

I watched someone stream some Epoch Sahrani and there was no loot anywhere, had the brown GUI, and I didn't see any of our Zombies.

I think I can change that with some trickery on my end maybe?... but I have to look into it, and I really don't know that I have the time. There is also the issue of Vilas and Epoch....

The other option is to request the Epoch guys to just include the terrain like they have with a few others, but our package is large, however it would allow admin's to easily use our buildings on any Epoch map/mod which would be nice.

The Vilas units would have to be removed, or admins would have to point players to the standalone pbo releases, even then integrating the units/vehicles would still not work, as those are configured differently for DayZ and Arma

Seven MAY end up setting up a Sahrani Epoch server, at which point he'd work out any kinks with ease I'm sure... but he might not do that.

I'll think about how to go about it, and explore which route makes the most sense and report back.

I'd love to hear from some of the other admins I know there are a few Epoch Sahrani Servers up.

I'm currently helping on the most populated Sahrani Epoch Server... Maybe the only one with more that 5 Players. I spend already a few hours on this problem, and the only way i can think of (without making the server perf horrible and that would not work for everything), is to merge the Epoch Files with the Sahrani one OR (not sure about this one though) to rename every one in Sahrani.
The first one will surely work but it is a shitton of work.

The second one would be way esaier to do but it may not work, because it could have same classnames (zeds for example) and it might end up like it is now.

Hoping that someone will figure that out. The Sahrani things are to cool to not be used in the Sahrani Epoch version

cheers

*edit* I also posted this issue on the Epoch Forums, see what me might get.

Last edited:
So the more I think about it, I don't think there's much I can do.... I'm going to play with setting up my local server.

The problem is double defined items aren't handled well in Arma, I think there is a way for me to force mine to load last, but I'm not entirely sure.

Everyone I talk to is teetering on the edge of helping again, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll see what I can get done.

Back