dayz epoch vehicle upgrade system

Joseph Kinary

where would i find the listing of allowed/ unallowed vehicles for upgradeing so i can tweak/ mod the selection to include vehicles added to my dynamic vehicles.sqf file?

i recently found the code in the cofig file (client side) but the event handler is both client and server side, the question is this.., " is there a way to expand this file or make it call the upgrade event outcome serverside instead of it calling to the clientside? (i.e. tow/lift, it's perameters are solely serverside it justs adds the option/ function to tow/lift by predefined lists). With this being said it then becomes nothing more than an .sqf or a compile function run and handled by the server, the modded vehicle is saved serverside but calls it's mod event changed perameters from the config file clientside and changes it's classname to something, in theory all it is doing is creating a new item drawing it from a base item and writing it to the database serverside, wouldnt it still be possible to have this event handler function in tandem with the perameters from the config file and a "mod" file so the list can be added upon like the dynamic vehicles.sqf?.., if anyone has a relatively close idea on how this can be done let me know because i have already begun writing an expanded vehicle listing modeled after the pre-existing config file but it includes alot of the other vehicles that are aloowable (i.e. ural/kamaz/armored SUV/land rovers/ etc), this endevor is taking into account that there is civilian and military versions of the ural and the land rovers but the upgrades dont apply to them, and most players generally go for the big cargo/ heavy armored/armed vehicles when it comes to epoch, atleast from my players statistics that i have been gathering.

You can't modify the CfgVehicles.hpp from the serverside.

They wrote a new classname for each tier of vehicle redefining certain aspects of it, SUV_DZE, SUV_DZE1, SUV_DZE2, and so on.

To modify the CfgVehicles to add your own vehicle classnames would require a new mod requiring everyone who wants to play on your server to download your files.

yeah i realize that i was hopeing there was a way to change where the files read frm but after a long think tank session we came to the same thought

Back