DayZ Performance Increase

Has this increased your performance at all?

• Total voters

Pwn

Administrator
Staff member
I've been doing a lot of testing since the release and it seems that these startup parameters work the best:
Code:
-noSplash -noPause -world=ChernarusPlus -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=7

What each command does:
  1. -noSplash : Disables the splash screen
  2. -noPause : When tabbed out of the game, it continues to run and doesn't pause
  3. -world=ChernarusPlus : Loads Chernarus Plus on startup, so you won't need to load it loading into a server.
  4. -cpuCount=8 : Forces the client the usage of all cores on your CPU. Change this to what matches your CPU!
  5. -exThreads=7 : Forces the client to use all threads on each core. Change this to what matches your CPU!
DayZ.cfg (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\DayZ):
Code:
language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1500000;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
Windowed=0;
Resolution_W=1920;
Resolution_H=1080;
winX=0;
winY=0;
winW=1920;
winH=1080;
winDefW=1920;
winDefH=1080;
refresh=60;
Render_W=1920;
Render_H=1080;
FSAA=1;
postFX=2;
GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;
GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;
HDRPrecision=16;
lastDeviceId="";
localVRAM=2086469632;
nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;
vsync=0;
AToC=7;
SWLayersCount=96;
PipQuality=3;
PPAA=8;
Change "Resolution_W", "Resolution_H", "winW", "winH", "winDefW", and "winDefH" according to your monitor resolution.

<user>.DayZProfile (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\DayZ) [Open this file in Notepad++ or something similar]:
Find the line:
Code:
mouseSmoothing=1
and change it to
Code:
mouseSmoothing=0
For me and others this seems to fix most of the lag or horrid performance issues. You should also change your video settings according to the GPU you have.
If you have any other suggestions please post them below and I will be sure to add them to this thread!

Changing your FOV can dramatically change your FPS, mine from the Lowest FOV is like 70 in cherno and at the highest is like 35 so maybe it depends but take a look at that!

-cpuCount=8 : Forces the client the usage of all cores on your CPU.

So I have an i7-4700 which is a quad-core and an AMD 6350 which is a 6-core. I'm assuming the above line needs to represent the actual cores the the players CPU has?

For me:
-cpuCount=4

and

-cpuCount=6

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'd rather have a confirmation that I'm right or a confirmation that I'm wrong.

Just out of curiosity, if I have a GPU should I be using -cpuCount=4 ?

I have a PCS 7850+ HD

Are you referring to the GPU on the video card? If so, then no. This is for your mainboard CPU, not GPU.

You need to use the CPU core count for -cpuCount=

Here are my results on server start. Comments?

Trial 1
No CPU Reference
FPS:94

Trial 2
cpuCount=4
exThreads=1
FPS:68

Trial 3
cpuCount=8
exThreads=1

Trial 4
cpuCount=8
exThreads=7

Trial 5
cpuCount=4
exThreads=7
FPS:77

No CPU Reference again
FPS:90

world=Napf
FPS:71

Curious why with no reference in the startup batch, the frames skyrocket.

OK, so I'm dying to understand how fps works. Apologies if this sounds stupid.

Specs:
AMD FX-6300
XFX R9 280x 3GB Double D Black Edition (2048 stream processors)(384 bit) (3 days new)
16gb Kingston Hyper X Blue
Gigabyte 970A-DS3 board
Corsair H80i liquid CPU cooler

WHY THE FUCK AM I ONLY GETTING 25-35 FPS??????????

Most recent graphics driver, done.
AMD graphics overdrive GPU clocked at 1150 mhz, and the memory clock is at 1650.

Oh, PSU is an Antec 900 watt 80+ Bronze (4 days new).

I installed the GPU and the PSU both on Friday afternoon.

I am literally getting the same frames I had when using a Gigabyte 7790 2GB, 128-bit graphics card.

Any advice or tips would be great. I've already went through the ArmAAO.cfg stuff and made those edits and watched and read forums about increasing performance for ArmA2, Dayz. Seriously, nothing has made any lick of a difference. I just dropped $370 on a card that gives me the same performance as a $160 card.

Thanks for any tips or info.

Same problem here. CPU Usage is 20% and GPU 50%. Get 30-40fps.
16gb ram ddr3 1600, cpu AMD FX 9370 4.40GHz 8 core , GPU R9 290x tri-x OC 2gb

Back