Dayz Taviana Server Files

Hey guys,

I have looked all over, looks like they haven't released them yet. Does anyone know about any plans to release the Taviana server files?

The three servers I host on my dedicated server are dying and hosting Taviana would really help boost my population.

Any news would be really appreciated!

Thanks guys,
-Zero

yeah I'm wondering the same. I posted earlier today in their tunngle thread asking for an update on their progress. Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Honestly I thought it was a bit too empty in some areas so it would be nice to get it into Bliss where we can add some buildings.

When you get them, open up the editor and set your spawn markers close to at least some sort of road or town. I tried it out yesterday, spawned on some coast and then ran for 25 minutes in the middle of nowehere, before saying 'screw this' and logging out.

When you get them, open up the editor and set your spawn markers close to at least some sort of road or town. I tried it out yesterday, spawned on some coast and then ran for 25 minutes in the middle of nowehere, before saying 'screw this' and logging out.

Yeah that was an issue when I first played it as well. They updated that on the primary test server (dayzland.eu I think) so it isn't so bad but I think they other 10 or so servers that probably just copied their files somehow they haven't gotten that update yet.

Thanks for the heads up guys! I will be sure to work on those issues as soon as I get the files.

What I meant was it should already be fixed once they release the server files as you can see here.

Version 1.1.0 has just been finished. It includes major bugfixes of various stuff related to Dayz itself or the Map.
In addition there have been some new features added:
-Survivor spawns are now closer together and bundled in one part of the map. Why? Well, simply because of the fact that people can now group up faster. In addition this fits the most player behaviour. Spawned too far away from any interesting place => suicide => generates severload that could be avoided. Spawned far away but close enough to walk. Run to the destination, triggering zombie and lootspawn on the way but does not use it => generates serverload that could be avoided. Some of you may fear bambi hunters now. The area is well choosen. There is no point where you can have a view on the whole area without exposing your back to the fresh spawned. Players now have a weapon and enough ammo to kill such nasty campers. In addition the terrain allows you to leave the area fast and in cover if you want to.

Well looks like there has been some kind of drama and MrSherenai has pulled out of the porting project. Release ofthe server files seems rather uncertain at this point. Apparently (if I'm understanding it right) he is unhappy about this post from a German dayz community.

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

back from my short holidays I expected to bring some good new to you today but things dont always come as expected. So, here are the news for today and they are bad. There will be no Serverfiles for Taviana made by myself. I will quit the project because again, after Panthera, some selfish and arrogant people decide to piss on my parade. GermanDayz.de community decided that a little shitstorm may help them in getting the files faster, to bad for them I will leave Dayz behind now. Contact www.Dayzland.eu community to get some information on how this will go on and when what will be released. If a mod stumbles over this Thread he can unsticky it, thanks for pinning it anyway <3.

Greetz,
MrS

I'm not really sure what the problem here is. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

Basically, the germandayz.de accused him of holding the files for the sole purpose of boosting his own server statistics, so it looks like he's now withholding the server files.

I think this map needed trains as public transport, the rail lines are very well developed to support it. It's a monstrous map and covering the ground on foot is tedious at best

MrSherenai has always been clear that he feels the files should always be available for free to everyone and that no one person or company should have a monopoly on it.

Major Pain is correct. The official server files have not been released yet because there is still a lot of balancing to do on the dayz code part. They built most of this from scratch and did a very good job. It is really sad that he has quit the project. This is a big loss to the community.

Back