DayZTaviana.com 2.0 Released!

Hicks_206

DayZ Developer
Staff member
The DayZ Taviana.com team is proud to announce the 2.0 release on DayZ Commander! Bliss is currently working on rolling this into an update on our side, in the mean time server administrators can find our Bliss repo here: github .com/ianbanks/DayZ-Private

The client files as mentioned previously, are available now on DayZ Commander. Please make sure to update your DayZ Commander to the latest version! (Both servers and clients)

We're excited to bring Dean "Rocket" Hall's Maule M7 to DayZ, and Taviana. If you encounter any issues with any of the fixes, or new features please head over to development.taviana.com and report them. As always, development.dayztaviana.com provides easy access to filing issues, tracking bugs, viewing upcoming change logs, and download test builds from our SVN.

Changelist:

The following are the changes in the 2.0 release of Taviana:
  • All of the reported issues (that did not relate to the base Taviana map, which is out of our control) have been acted on.
  • The Maule M7 (by Rocket, with improvements by Icebreakr) has been included and tweaked to work on recent versions of BattlEye and the Bliss BattEye filters.
  • The V-22 Osprey has been enabled.
  • The UAZ with the DSHKM machine gun has been enabled, along with a low magazine and very low magazine count version. The very low magazine count will be added as a rare spawn to the Bliss spawn table. Thanks to Graz on OpenDayz for inspiring us to add low magazine versions for game balance.
  • The GAZ Vodnik and GAZ Vodnik MedEvac amphibious have been enabled, and low magazine and very low magazine versions of the GAZ Vodnik have been enabled. The GAZ Vodnik MedEvac will be added to the default spawn list.
  • The Kamaz, Kamaz Open, and Kamaz Refuel have been enabled.
  • The Repair Ural and Kamaz Repair have been enabled but have not been added to the default spawn list. Server administrators can add these vehicles if they wish to.
  • The HMMWV Ambulance has been enabled, with healing disabled.
  • A version of the C130J without radar has been added, and will replace the current C130J in the default spawn list. The C130J with radar will still be available for server administrators to add.
  • Support for server administrators to modify or completely disable the weather system has been added.
  • The area that is searched for trees has been increased to allow harvesting wood in sparse forest areas, such as those directly adjacent to the cities. Previously harvesting was possible in the larger forests only.
  • The issue where players would be in the swimming position when spawning in is fixed.
  • The default world position has been overridden and moved to land so that if DayZ fails to find a safe position players will not spawn in the water.
  • A small number of the 68 custom building loot position tables have been tweaked, mainly to add upper floor loot positions. The Sabina Art Museum, Sabina Library, red hospitals, multi-story malls, and schools now have more loot.
  • The loot probability in the custom Taviana diners and restaurants has been substantially increased.
  • A specific main menu icon has been added.
  • BattlEye script filters will be supplied to the Bliss team for addition to the update_filters.pl script, to avoid any script kicks.

I'd like to personally thank Dean for giving my permission to use his plane, Icebreakr for letting us use his work moving it to Arma 2, Graz for the inspiration to restrict mounted vehicle ammo counts, Josh for the wonderful support of DayZ Commander, and all the testers and bug filers in the community.

Have to admit, though im not happy about having two version of Taviana and how it was all dealt with, i like some of the changes in this patch.
Have the new vehicles had there radars removed?

The dynamic weather is awesome, definitely something we will use. Is there a way or do you plan on in the future increasing the draw distance, so there looks like almost no fog?

Really wish you could consolidate both versions, where having to run two servers because our members are split on which version they prefer

You should be able to completely remove fog, clouds, etc with the dynamic weather controls. We were able to do this on our test server and it looked amazing.

The standard bliss spawn tables have the vehicles minus radar, however server admins can choose to swap in the versions *with* radar.

Yeah i have just noticed that the fog is dramatically reduced, looks really good. Great work on that!
Good to see the bugs have been addressed to..Just out of curiosity, do you think the V-22 really has a place in DayZ?
Btw, thats not a dig at you, just a question :D For me, it just dosnt quite sit right in the DayZ theme

I was on the fence on it, but play testing on populated Tavi servers showed positive response. Server owners can always remove it from their database though ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Where the heck can I find the download to install this?

I don't use DayZ Commander or Play with Six or anything.

I have the previous files, don't think those will work. Guess I could try.

Back