Death cross script ??

Stark

Hey guys, once I saw in a video, some one was lying dead on the ground and turned into a cross with his loot around it.

Is there maybe a s script for this?

I hope you guys know what I mean ^^

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from germany :D

i know exactly what you mean...
this was an dayz origins server i guess...

never seen it on any other mod variant ao far...

It is certainly possible, as mentioned, this is how a death is handled in DayZ Origins. As far as I am aware nobody has published a script that achieves this.

You would have to alter the 'player_death.sqf' and make use of createVehicle with a class name such as 'GraveCrossHelmet' then set its position using '(position _body)', like the example below:
Code:
_crossClass = "GraveCrossHelmet";
_cross = _crossClass createVehicle (position _body);

To place the dead players items on the ground you would have to utilise weapon holders.

could you send me the file with the paramter in it so I can see how it looks like, because I have no clue where I should add it into.
Something like an Example file :)

Shouldn't be too hard with what's above and I would simplify the gear by putting it all in a crate. I have some code to keep a crate up to date in the database and adding the cross to instance_buildings under reality. .

could you send the file or add the codes with the crate and the cross to my file ?

I'd appreciate it :)

I have no cross code written. Definitely something i would be interested in looking at. After I finish my lights for epoch.

Which server build would this be best written for. currently epoch doesn't support hive 999 method, which my crate uses. would have to completely rewrite for it to save in the db. Would only really do it for epoch if it was something vbawol would like to add to the mod..

yeah I have epoch on my server.

you even dont know where I could set the grave codes in ?

private["_character","_clientID"];

_character = _this select 0;
_clientID = owner _character;

diag_log ("HIVE: Player Death list Request by ClientID: "+ str(_clientID));

diag_log(PlayerDeaths);

dayzPlayerDeathsResult = PlayerDeaths;

if(!isNull _character) then {
_clientID publicVariableClient "dayzPlayerDeathsResult";
};

PlayerDeaths

this is how it looks like but I really dont know where to set the :

I would try editing server_playerDied.sqf near the line
Code:
diag_log ("PDEATH: Player Died " + _playerID);
from dayz_server.pbo.

Nice, have found a way around it using the built in access to the object_data table. Just takes a bit of filtering of data :)

I quite like the lack of support of 999 as it keeps the mod cleaner from all sorts of db updates that there is no control over..

_character = _this select 0;
_clientID = owner _character;

diag_log ("HIVE: Player Death list Request by ClientID: "+ str(_clientID));

something like that?

Not quite mate.
Your asking for the position on _body, however the _body variable does not exist.
As you can see in the script - there is a _character variable, try using that instead.

However, getting all of the loot and placing it into a box or weaponholders can be tricky, you might want to investigate how player_morph does this when switching your player model from one to another, but instead of dropping the loot into a new player object, drop it into a spawned weapon crate, or medbox.

tried to set this in every possible position..

Back