Death msgs on dayz.st

I missed it in the init file when I was adding it after my rf3 towimg just make sure there is a ; at the end of every line apart from comments you dont need them there I dont think. im replying from my phone so cant check.

Hi sorry I've had a look at my init and all I did for the kill messages was comment out the enable radio, what I was on about with the R3f was I put in the debug monitor in too while I did the kill messages like this

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    0 fadeSound 0;
    0 cutText [(localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING"), "BLACK FADED",60];
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

};

// Extra actions for Taviana:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] execVM "kh_actions.sqf";
};
//R3F EXECVM
execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";
//Custom Monitor
execVM "custom_monitor.sqf";

I missed the ; at the end of execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

Make sure you have DM (Death Messages) ticked in the dayz.st Control Panel page too if you haven't already, I also didn't do any of the custom things at the end of the wiki either.

I hope this helps.

If i were you I would go back through and check your code. If you have a version of your pbo's before you made the edit I would go back to that one and start again.

Me personally and what you probably do too is make two folders on your comp one called mission and on called server, in each of these I make a folder of the mod that I'm doing and also make an "In work" folder. Obvs while I edit I do it in the "in work" folder then once I think it's done I upload it, if it works I put it in the modded folder followed by a number so the 1st mod I did was
#1 towing
#2 kill messages
#3 disable weather
#4 debug monitor

I still made a folder for each edit even though I didn't test 2-4, my thinking was if #4 didn't work then I would roll it back to number #3 and so on until it one of them did then i would know what was wrong.

Hope that all makes sense, and I know you probably all have the same way of thinking but I thought I might as well share my method of editing/modding.

I'll put my init.sqf file up but I'll edit my bliss ID out for security reasons :p

Oh and a useful tool to compare files is the notepad++ compare plugin that I found if you don't have it already get it from here.

Hope you all found this useful and get your's working too, it does look cool when it works.

Attachments

• init.sqf
    2.6 KB · Views: 17
Back