Dedicated Server Help

Rabid Panda

It has become increasingly apparent to me that my knowledge base when it comes to server setup was grossly over estimated by myself. Sadly I don't have anyone to mentor when it comes to all the SQL, Database, data center, hubbuh. reading through all the forums has been somewhat helpful, my head is going to explode just trying to sort out what is relevant to me... I have reached that point where something relevant reached out and smacked me across the face, I wouldn't know it.

So Here is my deal... I have a dedicated serer from the awesome guys over at GTX. I have my game set up and running. For the life of me, I can not figure out how to get the database installed. I contacted GTX and they provided me with a file http://gtxhosting.co.uk/HTTPserver/mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.14.0.msi ...Now i have no idea what to do with this file. I installed it on my PC at home...however I can't find what the next step is. I have searched and either I am really bad at googling.. or I just don't know what to ask it... or both.

Can someone please point me in the right direction.. How do I get MySql set up on my new Dedi? I use TCAdmin if that helps at all.

Thanks, in advance!

RP

If they are providing you with a dedicated server, you should ask them to provide you with a MySQL Database. I imagine they will have no problem doing so.
Trying to setup a database on your personal computer for a DayZ server running on a dedi isn't worth the time and effort.

Trying to setup a database on your personal computer for a DayZ server running on a dedi isn't worth the time and effort.

Nonsense!
Just use Pwnoz0rs Private Server files, there you have a Database included. Just insert a new Table for your Mod, set the right paths in your HiveExt.ini and other files and Done.

I recommend you to use HeidiSQL for this Job ;)

Nonsense!
Just use Pwnoz0rs Private Server files, there you have a Database included. Just insert a new Table for your Mod, set the right paths in your HiveExt.ini and other files and Done.

I recommend you to use HeidiSQL for this Job ;)

Did you not read? He is on a dedi using TCAdmin. He does not have direct access to the machine (and if he does why is he using TCAdmin?)
Nonetheless, just ask your hosting provider for a MySQL database. They will provide you with one for free.

I do have access to the machine via remote desktop. I have installed MySQL workbench... I had a friend kinda walk me through it.. but I want to learn.. I dont want someone else to it for me. I try to connect to the DB with mysql...I tried to connect to it remotely, but It didnt work.. I'll install Navicat on the machine and try to access it that way.
My next issue is this..The game I have running is the last bata patch.. I need it to be 112555. I installed arma2 on the machine and when I run the patch, it doesn't update dayz...I am sure I am missing something..if anyone can provide i good link to a tutorial or maybe a video that might help me get my head around this.. it would be greatly appreciated!

And I was told TCadmin was a great way to manage the server? Is it not? Is there something more effective?
Thank you

UPDATE....
So SQL is squared away.. I'll just need to dump my current server into an SQL file and upload it to my new server... Now the issue is not being able to update my game to 112555...I read the arma2OA thing about installing it (arma2) then copying the updated files over to the game folder. Which I did.. and it still does nothing. What am I missing?

Back