[Discussion] Stashes (modelToWorld)

already have a hunch why they are fully submerged on slopes and its because of the modeltoworld and the 2.5 value going to see if making it spawn right under the player have a positive effect

however on slopes they are fully under the ground, does work nice on somewhat flat surface
my next step is adding a slope check in nicespot.sqf stashes cause i have it at false atm
0.1*_size, // slope gradient
Perhaps there, find the perfect number to allow them to be placed only on slopes where they remain visible.

Excellent work man, I had noticed _point was affecting the z pos as well, just hadn't figured out how to fix that, impressive!
Edit: Also i had changed mine to -.2 as well :) its perfect on flat ground, the way stashes should be.
Side note, during testing I put one at +2, those things are massive above ground! Why the hell would they make them like that? :O

Here's a screenshot if you'd like to use it.
n3kb4x.jpg

to fix slopes set in create_stash
the 2.5 value to 0 so it spawn under the player and gets the correct z height from the player ;)
and in fn_nicespot make the slope checks for small and medium stash to false;
that concludes this little hack

now only rests the clutter cutter it needs to go
underground stashes should not stick out the terrain in any way
but that's just me

0.1*_size, // slope gradient
Perhaps there, find the perfect number to allow them to be placed only on slopes where they remain visible.

Excellent work man, I had noticed _point was affecting the z pos as well, just hadn't figured out how to fix that, impressive!
Edit: Also i had changed mine to -.2 as well :) its perfect on flat ground, the way stashes should be.
Side note, during testing I put one at +2, those things are massive above ground! Why the hell would they make them like that? :O

maybe they where originaly thinking of using them as anthills dunno what goes on in there minds xD

Back