DZAI heli patrols seems to ignore heroes

MrInfro

The title says all. If I have humanity bellow 5000, the hero limit, heli attack me and try to pursue me. But when I have hero status, helis seems to run away from me, ignore me for the most part and so on. Any ideas how to change this?

Humanity doesn't affect anything related to AI because humanity doesn't exist in Arma 2, it's just a DayZ variable named "humanity". It's well-known bug in the Arma2 community that AI helicopters are generally blind to enemy infantry units (players on foot) and will only sometimes notice players if they start firing their weapons.

What DZAI does to make AI helicopters aware of players is to do a detection "sweep" once they arrive at each waypoint in a city or town. If any players are detected then the AI helicopter begins attacking. So basically the AI helicopters are blind to infantry players from point A to point B but will detect nearby players when point B is reached. Players in vehicles larger than bikes will usually be noticed by traveling helicopters.

Back