Explained: Why 2.1 is delayed

gdscei

Valued Member!
So, after you guys have been waiting for a long time for the 2.1 update, I felt like I needed to make a post about why the update is taking us so long. Here's a quick rundown of the reasons:

We were originally planning to release 2.1 with 1.7.6, but since 1.7.7 is coming out so soon, it'd be counter-productive if we'd release 2.1 with 1.7.6, and then two days later having to update for 1.7.7.
    Edit: we will not update to 1.7.7 because of it's buggy state.
  • Beta patch 105785
    This patch has been a major pain for development of the mod. Only when Dwarden made a post about the issues with it on the BIS forums, did we know where our issues with the update come from - it's the beta patch's instability and some unfixed errors by BIS. If at 1.7.7 release, a new beta patch has not been released yet, we will provide compatibility to the older patch, 103718.
  • Updating from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.6
    Updating the code from 1.7.4.4 to 1.7.6 has been a major pain to myself (I am leading this update release and coding the biggest part of it). The update is so major that I decided to instead of updating the code to 1.7.6, I implemented 2017 into 1.7.6. This has also caused some issues though; a bigger time frame is necessary to test the 2.1 update, to make sure I got everything in correctly.
This has been a quick rundown of the issues we're having at the moment. Note that this will also delay 2017 Namalsk 1.7.6 update, since it will be directly getting it's code from the 2.1 update (and so will also have base building).
And just to note: base building is not the issue of this update's delay. It's been implemented and works correctly.

If the update to 1.7.6/7 continues to provide major issues for us in the upcoming week(s) and postpone the update even more, I might consider releasing 2.1 without the update to 1.7.6/7 and just release base building along with some bugfixes of the 2017 code.

I would also like to add the we've had people join the development team and have not been constructive and have hindered development. These people had caused constant argumentative conversations that wasn't conducive to the team. After many attempts at allowing persons involved to redeem themselves and provide something to the mod/mods (and failing to contribute and just troll) they were removed. This allowed us to get back on track with development.

Also note, a lot of real world related task needed to be addressed first before people get to have time to develop for the mod ;)

We hope this clears some things up and that you can forgive us for the delays. We love you all and you all show great support for the mod. Thank you!

Hi gdscei and Hellborn,
It's a month since the reply above. Just wondering how you are getting on fixing the last bugs, and if you have a release date yet for the next version?
Cheers

Hi gdscei and Hellborn,
It's a month since the reply above. Just wondering how you are getting on fixing the last bugs, and if you have a release date yet for the next version?
Cheers

Hey,

We are currently undecided on 2.1. We're wondering if it is worth the time to update it, while we are working on the next big project. But if you ask us, it seems pretty obvious that are still some that are interested in DayZ 2017.

I'm just writing up this reply here to let you know we are still alive ;) When we make a decision/we have news, we'll make sure to post something on these forums.

Thanks for the reply gdsei,
I have been playing 2017 most days for the last few weeks and I'm pretty chatty in game. Lots of side channel chat ends up about the next update. We (players of 2017) would LOVE to have the update, especially if there is any sort of base building, but any tweeks at all would be appreciated.
Thanks for the time you put in, and I hope 2017 for ARMA III is going well.
Soup Dragon

Great Work so far !
Dayz 2017 is for me the most enjoyable Mod. It captures the essence of Survial - permanent danger if you are near the infected - low ressources and mostly friendly survivors.
Base Building would give active Players another Motivation to promote the Mod to fellow gamers.

Just wanted to chime in with my two cents.

I don't get a lot of time to play games, but when I do, it's DayZ, and more often than not it's 2017. What this mod embodies is nearly everything I could ever want out of a "survival" game. Nothing is easy is in this world. While yes, it's relatively easy to survive off the land after you acquire a weapon and knife, sometimes acquiring either of those are extremely difficult. I once went through three characters who all died due to starvation/blood loss simply because they couldn't locate an item that would allow for the gutting of animals. And I've only ever once found a can of dog food, which I'm too scared to eat.

The player interaction in 2017 is so much more unique when compared to the other trigger happy mods that DayZ has. I honestly can't recall getting fired at by another player. Sure, I've picked up a wandering person only to have them jack my ride and take off, but there was no blood lust, just surviving - and survival, as this mod reflects, doesn't always needs to revolve around the taking of another player's precious life.

I hope you continue to work on providing updates, we'd all love to see anything new to what's already an outstanding survival experience.

Thanks.

Back