Feedback // Suggestions

Thanks for your Feedback/Suggestions. We will start working for 0.6 Version ( based on 1.7.7 ) in a few days. This will include more features ( can't and will not talk now about those ). But what we can clearly say is to create more skins and want to create more loot spots where you can find this.

There are lots more things that are needed for this server to work properly.

1) More admins needed to run and support the server when DEVS aren't online so that the server doesn't crash and can be restarted for the players to not have lag issues.

2) Need more monitoring as it has many crashes throughout the day meaning that many of us can't spawn in even with the tips for glitches and bugs.

3) Needs more atmospheric places for people to go as the barracks and other places are just camped meaning that people can't gear up. This could include more barracks to help fresh spawns, more houses at other spawns for people to gear up rather than running over 5000m to get a drink/food.

4) Adding things for streamers to not be noticed such as; button to hide chat box (like in Breaking Point), no names on gear to prevent stream sniping.

5) Loot tables are also another feature that should be added to help people know places of where to get certain items such as; food and drink at supermarkets, tools and farm items in barns and sheds ect...

6) Forum support teams to help sort out ban appeals and also other problems that people might be having in the game which are on hours a day to prevent delay on people playing the mod.

7) A Teamspeak for all players to be able to join so that they can all get to know each other as well as have an easy access to admins/developers of the mod to help sort out hackers, spawn campers and to get feedback from players for future updates.

8) Create more small cities around the wilderness parts of the map with quarantine areas around it such as sandbags, walls and military bases which were there before they got overrun. Also, have roads (dirt and tarmac) leading to the cities so that everyone can access them without having to go on foot due to bad vehicles going around 10mph on dirt.

9) Add more areas for people in vehicles to go to as if you've got a car at the moment then there's hardly anywhere to go except driving over the bridges and through towns. This can include; more small airports, big cities that can be traveled through for the groups who have obtained the vehicles to loot for their bases, just base them on normal areas that are in the world at the moment and combining all of different aspects of buildings within them.

10) Have different areas where people can go if they are wanting to gather big supplies like a custom built mall which will have all of the different types of shops such as; Tool shops for Hatchets, matches, compasses and everything, Gun shop which will spawn different ammo/guns, food courts which will also spawn cans, food, raw meat and all of that. This could also include Farms over the land on the map which have been made from scratch causing better atmosphere overall. (ps: I would happily help build them)

11) You could build a big camping area which can be used for hunting as there's a massive area of wilderness on the map which could have a lodge built into it with fences going around the woods and the fields which people can access through the entrance of the lodge and then follow on through it into the back. It will still be the wilderness and PvP area but there could be more of a chance of finding animals there.

12) Add more barracks around the map due to mass people camping the only one with 9 barrack buildings meaning that people can't gear up and it's starting to annoy a lot of people.

Also, I've made an account on Twitch.TV called "DayZ_TrinityIsland" to try and get around streamers who are streaming the mod at the moment to make sure that everyone's running smoothly and to ask them for updates that they would like which I will add onto the forums at a future date. Thanks again. Joe.

1) More admins needed to run and support the server when DEVS aren't online so that the server doesn't crash and can be restarted for the players to not have lag issues.

Server running now with scripts, which will restart the server automatically if the server will crashed. It will only doesn't show online if my Rootserver will downloading Windows Updates and automatically install.

2) Need more monitoring as it has many crashes throughout the day meaning that many of us can't spawn in even with the tips for glitches and bugs.

It's now 0.5beta and we're looking the right way into it! The most things getting fixed not for this Server! If you will really getting a few looks in the next "updates" over dayzcommender, take a look on the "whitelist" server

IP: 176.57.128.7:2002

3) Needs more atmospheric places for people to go as the barracks and other places are just camped meaning that people can't gear up. This could include more barracks to help fresh spawns, more houses at other spawns for people to gear up rather than running over 5000m to get a drink/food.

Yep we will improved the atmospheric in the comming updates, we got already many ideas and now we need to find out, which i hope, will getting a nice experience on DayZ Trinity.

I think there're many barracks now ( the most can be find easily on the Map ). 2 on Stansfield and 2 on Liberty Airport, too!

And really, atm you dont need really to run 5000m to get drink/food....maximum is around 2000m.

4) Adding things for streamers to not be noticed such as; button to hide chat box (like in Breaking Point), no names on gear to prevent stream sniping.

Yeah we got here nice ideas too, like you need to find a radio for getting access to the side chat! So if streamers dont need the sidechat, put your radio in the backpack or drop it :D

We already turned off nameplates and something else, or what you mean exactly with "names on gear"

5) Loot tables are also another feature that should be added to help people know places of where to get certain items such as; food and drink at supermarkets, tools and farm items in barns and sheds ect...

Loot tables has been already rebalanced and like the quotes above, we will improved the whole map!

6) Forum support teams to help sort out ban appeals and also other problems that people might be having in the game which are on hours a day to prevent delay on people playing the mod.

This Forum, i think in my opinion is not a place for ban appeals. Its only a "modification/scripts" forum and the base of custom dayz mods and the home of pwnoz0r. I will remove later those threads.

7) A Teamspeak for all players to be able to join so that they can all get to know each other as well as have an easy access to admins/developers of the mod to help sort out hackers, spawn campers and to get feedback from players for future updates.

8) Create more small cities around the wilderness parts of the map with quarantine areas around it such as sandbags, walls and military bases which were there before they got overrun. Also, have roads (dirt and tarmac) leading to the cities so that everyone can access them without having to go on foot due to bad vehicles going around 10mph on dirt.

see the few quotes above with "map improved"

9) Add more areas for people in vehicles to go to as if you've got a car at the moment then there's hardly anywhere to go except driving over the bridges and through towns. This can include; more small airports, big cities that can be traveled through for the groups who have obtained the vehicles to loot for their bases, just base them on normal areas that are in the world at the moment and combining all of different aspects of buildings within them.

see quote above

10) Have different areas where people can go if they are wanting to gather big supplies like a custom built mall which will have all of the different types of shops such as; Tool shops for Hatchets, matches, compasses and everything, Gun shop which will spawn different ammo/guns, food courts which will also spawn cans, food, raw meat and all of that. This could also include Farms over the land on the map which have been made from scratch causing better atmosphere overall. (ps: I would happily help build them)

see quotes above

11) You could build a big camping area which can be used for hunting as there's a massive area of wilderness on the map which could have a lodge built into it with fences going around the woods and the fields which people can access through the entrance of the lodge and then follow on through it into the back. It will still be the wilderness and PvP area but there could be more of a chance of finding animals there.

annnnnnnnnnd seeeeeee quotes aboves

12) Add more barracks around the map due to mass people camping the only one with 9 barrack buildings meaning that people can't gear up and it's starting to annoy a lot of people.

see above :D

And really thanks for your feedback, an example how to write a good feedback/suggestion thread to help developers to improve their work! Thanks alot!

Server running now with scripts, which will restart the server automatically if the server will crashed. It will only doesn't show online if my Rootserver will downloading Windows Updates and automatically install.

It's now 0.5beta and we're looking the right way into it! The most things getting fixed not for this Server! If you will really getting a few looks in the next "updates" over dayzcommender, take a look on the "whitelist" server

IP: 176.57.128.7:2002

Yep we will improved the atmospheric in the comming updates, we got already many ideas and now we need to find out, which i hope, will getting a nice experience on DayZ Trinity.

I think there're many barracks now ( the most can be find easily on the Map ). 2 on Stansfield and 2 on Liberty Airport, too!

And really, atm you dont need really to run 5000m to get drink/food....maximum is around 2000m.

Yeah we got here nice ideas too, like you need to find a radio for getting access to the side chat! So if streamers dont need the sidechat, put your radio in the backpack or drop it :D

We already turned off nameplates and something else, or what you mean exactly with "names on gear"

Loot tables has been already rebalanced and like the quotes above, we will improved the whole map!

This Forum, i think in my opinion is not a place for ban appeals. Its only a "modification/scripts" forum and the base of custom dayz mods and the home of pwnoz0r. I will remove later those threads.

see the few quotes above with "map improved"

see quote above

see quotes above

annnnnnnnnnd seeeeeee quotes aboves

see above :D

And really thanks for your feedback, an example how to write a good feedback/suggestion thread to help developers to improve their work! Thanks alot!
Thanks for the reply to my different suggestions, I'm enjoying the mod and hoping that some of these are included within future updates for the server as it would make it so much more fun to make. Sorry for having you say "And see quotes above" alot of times haha. Also, I've used forums for different games before so I know how to write them in a good manner to make sure that the developers can read it clearly and understand what I'm trying to get across.

Love the beautiful trinity map. I am going to get right into the constructive criticisms here:
I have made several major edits to the map in terms of buildings being placed in different areas. This is not a final edit by all means, but the general basis behind my edits is clear: players need to know that there is always going to be stuff to do on the map. And that can't just be "Hey let's head north, the airfield is there," as that is exactly what people are bored of with Chernarus (no disrespect). The main goal of these edits is to

Problems with Trinity:

When I went into the mission editor for ARMA 2, I saw that there were no hospitals and grocery stores on the map. I don't know if they have been added since my edit a few weeks ago, but the issue here is that admins are left to placing them on their own. This mostly leads to haphazardly-placed structures scattered around the map. Admins do this to bring more players to the server, but this loses the immersion for me to see a crooked building sloping one way in every town I go to.

In general though, the map feels incomplete. This is especially obvious upon joining most trinity servers and seeing different buildings added in by each server to compensate for the lack of direction of the gameplay. For example, when I see a town without a grocery store in it, I go right through it and go to the airfield and maybe kill someone to get their food. The map needs to have all the grocery stores available in the middle of the map. The towns there will be the go-to place for residential loot. The map also needs to have one, and JUST ONE, go to place for medical loot. I shouldn't be able to get all the bloodbags I need in Abbeyfield upon spawning in. This makes it too easy, and leaves only one challenge remaining: to get good guns at the airfield.

After I do this Trinity Mod is boring because everything is done, there is nothing left for me to do because there is no reason to explore new areas. You can solve that by adding interesting vehicle spawns on the south peninsula, and perhaps adding unique spawns to the south airfield (i.e. only biplanes w/ m240's can be found there). Adding some bunkers there could also help.

Adding more checkpoints on areas of the map where players must travel from one large land mass to another via a small path. If you put special loot unique to an area on one side, players are forced to go through that blockade where bandits could be camping to get their loot. This is similar to the causeway on Namalsk. Perhaps adding hospitals only on the north-north-west island of the map could work.

***The map feels new because of the terrain, but it lacks that 'warm and welcoming' feeling of chernarus, sortof being able to predict what loot might be where after a while of playing it*** - this flaw leaves Trinity mod feeling empty and obnoxious. Players need to know where to go to get what, but there needs to be some unique amount of risk involved in going place to place on the map. People will remember Trinity for its unique pvp if this is implemented.

Vehicles also need to be more unique. Right now, the Mitsubishi can bring players to try Trinity out, but then leave feeling it has nothing more to discover and offer. The Chinook is a good addition to start to solve this problem. Possibly adding trucks with MG's would be cool too.

But I guess the most important part of all of this would be to make sure each part of the map is being used for something. Some parts of trinity feel 'vacant' which can be good, but bad in excess. For example, Chernarus has a north-most part of the map suitable for hiding vehicles and making bases. If there was more than one large forest with no loot, the map would feel empty and unbalanced. THIS IS HOW TRINITY IS NOW; the north east part of the map feels empty, and there is really no reason to go there because there is no unique loot spawn and no large forest to make a base. The north west part also feels unused and barren. The south peninsula is also barren.

Perhaps a solution to this would be to just leave the south peninsula for base-making, add the only hospitals on the map on the north west peninsula, and add a large residential area in the north east part of the map (i know there are apartments there, but there needs to be more). No other military areas can be added until the number of barracks at the military compound in the east is reduced form 9 to (perhaps) 5?

Anyways, these are just some ideas and suggestions I have atm. There are also a lot of other small unique things like clothes that people are suggesting here as well; these are great ideas! Everyone is tired of seeing the same survivor skin when they spawn too.

I am going to be adding a lot of these things to my servers database and putting that server up asap. I have a lot of hope for Trinity and I think we can make it great!

Back