Goomes & Antec's New World Order (23.88.164.154:2302)

Hey guys,

Goomes here from the New World Order server, just posting to get some traffic into our new server. We have been up for about a week now refining and making sure all of our scripts and edits are working out.

Our core philosophy as owners of a DayZ server is to ensure that our visitors enjoy themselves as much as possible. To accomplish this, we would like to make ourselves personally available to address any concerns or needs of our community of players, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us through the server, Steam, via email, forums, etc. Just look for Goomes or Antec, or anybody with the NWO tag by their name!

Our server has fairly simple features/scripts so as not to pull too far away from what we believe makes DayZ the phenomenal game that it is, but rather to enhance the experience and ensure maximum enjoyment! Our server features:

-Self bloodbag
-Auto refuel at gas stations/fuel tanks/fuel pumps
-Custom beginning loadout
-DIFFICULT zombies (they WILL give you a run for your money :D)
-75+ vehicles
-Dedicated Teamspeak channel for people who wish to communicate and not disturb the players who prefer no chatter on side channel
-Active adult admins (we are on just about every day and there to respond to any feedback, comments, or suggestions)
-3 hr. restarts to reduce lag

To find our server:
Either search for Goomes & Antec's New World Order, or search for the IP 23.88.164.154:2302

For Teamspeak:
Open a connection to the following address
dayz-nwo.teamspeak3.com to enjoy our free to use channel!

We hope to see you guys in there, and we hope you enjoy!

Best,
Goomes

P.S. As we are a new server, we are openly looking to hear honest and constructive criticism--for those who contribute, we will give you a nice 1,000 point bump in humanity!

UPDATE:

Added Skalisty Castle, complete with army barracks and loot
Added Excelsior Bridge linking you from main island to Skalisty

More custom buildings coming soon!

UPDATE

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, I am glad everyone is enjoying the server. Just wanting to give another update on what is to come soon in the New World Order server:

-Working on adding Sarge AI (easier towards the coast, more difficult the further inland you go--just enough to keep you on your toes ;))
-Dogs

Working as quickly as I can, just having some errors... If anyone has experience enabling these mods I would love to hear from you!

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATES

1. We have now begun exploring some options that will further develop and improve gameplay on our server. We are now running on 4 hour restart schedules that begin the in-game time at 5:00PM and end at 9:00PM. This makes it so that there is 3 hrs of sunlight, followed by 1 hour of transition into nighttime, where peak darkness occurs within 10-15 mins of the server restarting. We added this aspect into our server as we felt it forces our players to consider more survivalism aspects as they explore Chernarus, but still allow for the bulk of the session to be during the day (which we know is preferred). The player will notice the impending darkness and be forced to make preparations to survive in low-light situations. Needless to say it has made for some very interesting scenarios/encounters and bringsan entirely new range of gameplay possibilities to the table. We are also toying with the idea of doing the reverse of this settings where instead the server will begin at night for roughly an hour and then the player will experience how Chernarus transitions from nighttime to morning/day (if I get enough requests for this I will go ahead and switch it).

2. We have also added the ability to craft Frank's Anti-Zombie Emitter has been added. Our zombies have been vicious, cornering and finishing off even experienced players, so we felt that it was necessary to have some sort of tool to gain an edge on looting zombie-heavy areas (but only if you actually work for it!). Players will need 1 x Engine Parts, 1 x Full 20L Jerry Can, 1 x Empty Tin Can, 1 x Empty Whiskey Bottle, and a toolbox in their inventory to craft this item (standard ingredients needed for this script, subject to change). Once you have all of these items in your inventory, there will be a new option in the action menu to create it. The device is a one-time-use tool that will kill all zombies within 20 meters for 3 minutes--if anyone reading this has played on our server, they will definitely see how this can come in handy in cities like Cherno or Elektro, and especially airfields where swarms can easily outnumber and overpower you.

Keep up the feedback and suggestions guys! I am very happy to see all of the positive feedback and returning players, traffic has been picking up. Hope to see more of you guys stop by!

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATES

Sarge AI has now been fully implemented!

-Survivor, soldier, and bandit AI now have a probability of spawning in randomly around players
-All AI can be looted for guns and supplies--need a gun? Ambush some AI! (does lower humanity, but not by much)
-Survivors attack zed and bandits (human), soldiers attack zed and bandits (human+AI), bandits attack zed and player bandits/survivors
-If player is less than -2,500 humanity, survivors and soldiers will be hostile upon contact

Adds a fun firefighting dynamic, but not to the point where AI are everywhere on the map. I have configured the script in a way that makes random encounters/firefights less common, but frequent enough to keep you on your toes, thereby maintaining a happy medium between action and being able to explore/disappear into the wilderness at will. This script paired with our swarms of difficult zombies really makes the post-apocalyptic environment on Chernarus pop and come to life--my goal here is to increase immersion into the survivalist experience, and I think these elements have greatly contributed to that.

Coming soon/Work in progress:
-Dog companions

Thanks again to everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions as to how I can improve the server. Server traffic has been picking up and feedback has been really positive, hope to see you all here

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATE

Beginning to build and develop custom bases . So far we have two major ones set up:

1. Eagle's Nest, located on a hill overlooking Pobeda Dam in the north. Features amenities such as fuel tanks, water source, campfire, little bird perches (my personal favorite), and more. Currently this base is only accessible via air. For pictures: http://imgur.com/a/gFg19/all

2. A villa base located on top of Klen Mountain, near the town of Khelm. This also contains amenities such as fuel tanks and water sources, and is currently being treated as an NWO embassy in Chernarus--stop by for some supplies if you are in the area! For pictures: http://imgur.com/a/GuL04/all

I am currently trying to figure out how to make it so that gates/entrances are only accessible for clan members (using their UID), but I am having trouble scripting this in (if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated). My goal is to build up various clan bases around the map that will be available via donation to our server. My plans for the features of these bases include, but are not limited to:

-Custom spawn in base for clan members only
-Gates w/ UID restrictions making it so the only way in if you are not in a clan is through air or if a clan member grants you access
-Basic Resources/Amenities: fuel, water, storage (supplies+vehicles), campfire, etc.
-Location: bases will be positioned on plots of land that strategically utilize the geography to improve defense and access (i.e. Eagle's Nest has vantage point of entire Pobeda Valley, including the dam itself, and is only accessible via air, making it extremely defendable; on a clear day, Klen Villa has a 360-degree view of Berezino, Krasnostav, NEAF, mouth of Guba Bay, etc.)
-Will start donators out with some tents so they can begin building up their storage space

As I consider implementing a donation system, clan bases seem to be the best route to go versus donating for custom loadouts. They emphasize teamwork, make clans more official/established, and essentially preserve the fine line between security/insecurity created in DayZ--you are more protected as a clan w/ a base as you have access to some basic resources and defenses, but you must still traverse the map to collect loot and build up your stockpile, and there is always the looming threat of another clan or group of bandits attempting to raid and pillage your base for its loot and vehicles.

So if you happen to join my server and are in the areas of the bases I mentioned, go take a peak and feel free to PM me or contact me on the server if you have any questions. Donations for bases will begin as soon as I figure out how to incorporate the gate UID system and custom spawn points (again if anyone reading this thinks they can help me out I would really appreciate it!). There will be more bases coming soon as I search for prime locations to place them, and then take the time to build them.

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATE

Added military barracks and medical tent up to North East Airfield--felt a bit lacking, time to get some better loot up there!

Currently working on adding docks and military tents to Guba Bay up in the North East (again, serious lack of incentive to head up there!)

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATES

Our first clan, Kill On Sight, has emerged onto the server. They have received their own custom base complete with UID dome protection, which allows them to set up tents, store vehicles, etc. from within the safety of their walls. Currently trying to add custom spawns in. I will try and get pictures up soon.

Also, I have continued to add custom buildings to the map and making some gameplay improvements:

1. All major docks/ports on the coast now have a couple fuel pumps so that boats can refuel quicker than having to run back and forth with jerry cans--all other vehicles have a refuel benefit, but no fuel pumps spawn naturally for purposes of refueling boats so I have added them in
2. All castles now have military tents, with the castles up north having more (more reward for exploring northern-areas of map, plus castles had pretty lame loot without them)
3. Altered custom starting loadout: now all fresh spawns have an AKS-74 with one mag. Felt that this was a necessary starting item as the zombie hordes and AI can give a fresh spawn with nothing more than a G17 and hatchet quite a difficult time--allows for easier start but definitely not enough to sustain yourself (still necessary to explore/find loot)

Coming soon:
-Guba Bay docks and military tents
-Going to be adding many more vehicles as I am able to (~25+)
-Adding more custom buildings as I feel they are necessary; probably going to start building and adding military outposts dotting the northern woodlands

Hope to see you guys on the server!

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATE

Sarge AI has been disabled. As much as we loved it, we believe this has been what has lead to a bit of a ding to our regular player list--lots of new players come on and we understand that it can be extremely frustrating to get shot a few minutes in.

Good news is the zombies are still incredibly difficult!

NEW WORLD ORDER UPDATE

Spent yesterday adding in vehicles, wound up adding in roughly 25 cars and a couple helis.

I would like to add another batch, but because it is very time consuming to travel the map and place them, I have decided to do a first-come-first-serve giveaway for a handful of vehicles. I will be posting the list here as well as on the server hopefully sometime today, if not tomorrow, where players can PM me and find me on the server and call dibs on one of them.

I have also updated the custom starting loadout--now everybody starts out with a Remington 870 with 8 slugs, a G17 with 1 mag, and an assault pack (12 slots). Wanted to add some variety to the starting build--its not enough to give you much power over other players from the start, but rather gives you some variability as to how you would address any given scenario w/o giving you too much ammo/supplies (i.e. should I use Remington, Glock, or hatchet? Remington slugs essentially replace one of the Glock mags giving you a more diverse set of tools from the start).

Back