Guide for people having issues logging into server thru steam

rhammer2003

Hello All,
First off let me appologize if this is in the wrong forum, moderators please move to correct one as needed.

I just wanted to put a guide together for those of you that are haveing problems connecting to epoch servers that have swithced over to steam from dayz commander

I know this is a Pain in the Rear end as I and my admins have had quite the issue with trying to login to my server, however once you follow these steps you should be just fine.
If these steps do not work for you, you may need to uninstall your Arma2 and Arma2 Operation arrowhead And your mods and reinstall (Epoch, overpoch, Ect) also be sure that you are on the correct version of arma for your server ( Mine is still at Arma 103718 and epoch 1.0.4.2)
first off if you are getting any errors when you try to login to steam or a server make sure you follow the first part of this guide.

1. copy all files from your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2" to the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead" folder
this is assuming you are on epoch 1.0.4.2 (I will be adding a guide for the latest epoch after this weekend)

2. make sure you have the latest Battleye client loaded, The client can be found at (http://www.battleye.com/download.html) use the client for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead BE client for windows (32 bit) -v1.218
place the client in your (E:\steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\BattlEye) and your (C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye) folder change the xxx to the name for your computer.

Instructions to login to the server thru STEAM
Right click on Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, go to Properties then select "Set Launch options" then add the following to the options and click ok

-skipintro -window -noborder -noPause -nosplash -mod=@DayZOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch;

then click close, after this double click "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead"

1. At the user screen with your user name at the top find multiplayer (Top of the menu) and select "Multiplayer"

2. At the bottom of the next screen you will see cancel to the far right and next to cancel is a buttonn marked "remote" select this button.

3. you will then see a screen that says Host IP Address, enter the Ip Address in the address box and the server port in the port box then selcet "ok"

4. Select the server that shows up in the list and click on join

Now for my shamless plug for my server

HAMMERTIME Overpoch 1.0.4.2
216.231.140.61 port 2402

Team Speak
speakdls2.teamspeak.net:20839

Back