Hackers

Karl

Running wild. absolutely nothing showing in the logs. have thunder domes popping back up and evertyhing.. not seen anything decent in the logs since i upgraded to 1.7.4.4

Anybody got some info on detecting or preventing

seems nobody likes to talk about hackers on any discussion board.​
Anyway shortly after this message a battleye update came out and I saw a good 10-15 players globally banned that night.​

I have seen few global bans last night, nothing crazy though. I have noticed few people teleporting, when tracked with DayZ mapper I seen them move from Cherno to NW airfield in a flash.

I have no helpful info except, if you want to keep hackers out of your server. It requires constantly monitoring. Most scripts arent logged.

Personally, I very much hate skiddies.

I wouldnt give them the satisfaction of the title "hackers" most of them aren't. Hacking requires intelligence and skill, watching instructional YouTube videos and downloading pre-made scripts from that mpcheat website is for the less intelligent and poorly skilled. The term "Skiddies" fits them quite perfectly, since they are just the skid marks on all the true gamers underpants. Haha

I do however LOVE seeing players come in that are Global Banned or get Global Banned while playing with them. It makes me happy all the way down to my DayZ soul.

What will all these skiddies do when the standalone comes out and they are unable to run 90% of the commands they used to be able to run? Oh I cannot wait.

Theres only 2 ways forward from this atm:
1: Password
2: Whitelist
Anything else will leave you "exposed" as you speak about karl.

We have been running password for about 4-5 months, changed to whitelist about 1 month ago, so 5-6 months in total of running private hive and in that time we have had less hackers then you can count on 2 hands.
It is the best repellent for the scum "skiddies" we are being bombardet with.
Most of them cant be bothered to find the password or get whitelisted on a private server, just to get banned for it and reported. Its much easier to go with the "open" servers.

Theres only 2 ways forward from this atm:
1: Password
2: Whitelist
Anything else will leave you "exposed" as you speak about karl.

We have been running password for about 4-5 months, changed to whitelist about 1 month ago, so 5-6 months in total of running private hive and in that time we have had less hackers then you can count on 2 hands.
It is the best repellent for the scum "skiddies" we are being bombardet with.
Most of them cant be bothered to find the password or get whitelisted on a private server, just to get banned for it and reported. Its much easier to go with the "open" servers.

The thing that sucks about this is you have to have an existing community of players if you whitelist or password or else you just have a safe and empty server.

The thing that sucks about this is you have to have an existing community of players if you whitelist or password or else you just have a safe and empty server.

Well, people will come if its a good server with no hacks. Whitelist is actually attracting alot of players, because it "promises" safety from the "skiddies". It is the safest way to run a server atm, no doubt. Password can still be handed out and thus loosing the safety.

And you could do some advertising tbh. Atm we (admins) have to go out of our way to please players, thats just how it is.

I suppose that makes sense. I may have to consider making the change.
I can only talk from personal experience, but since we started putting password on we had a steady flo of people, and it didnt stop because of the whitelist.
People are more then happy to sign up, if its a easy process. Think "easy" is the keyword here hehe.
Lazy players.

hackers well whitelist and passwording you server and you stall get the fuckers lol. i am at the point i want to go out and stat playing dayz in the real world atles then we wont have hackers lol. But yes i have found another way around it get the hacking tools yaself or get a m8 to get them then you are able to find the hacker by telly porting to him and shooting the fuckes in the head with the as50 if the person lives then there is you hacker. This is the only way i have been able to get hackers.

Just FYI hacker is a broad term and can include modders because technically are hackers as well, anyone that modify code is a hacker, anyone that doesn't know what they are doing and downloads code from some one else is NOT a hacker and your only encouraging them do keep doing what they are doing.

just run a private hive/password-ed server.

Back