HALO Jump Tutorial - Simplified

unkinhead

Halo Jumps
By: Unkinhead
Credits: Hangender ; VentZero

Saw that many people wanted this, so here it is...
Known Bugs Before Installing Without Known Fix (At Least As Far As I Know):

Override compiles.sqf following this tut: http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-override-compiles-from-dayz_code-pbo.8251/

Download misson.pbo and dayz_server.pbo and extract them using PBOView (Or Other)

Create Folder in root of mission.pbo named "fixes"

add this line to compiles.sqf in mission.pbo where all the other compiles are (Similar Lines):
Code:
bis_fnc_halo = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fixes\fn_HALO.sqf";

extract fn_selfActions.sqf from dayz_code.pbo\compile\ to your root directory of your mission.pbo (Make sure that it points to it in compiles.sqf) --- add this line to fn_selfActions.sqf in mission.pbo right after this
Code:
 //Packing my tent  if(cursorTarget isKindOf "TentStorage" and _canDo and _ownerID == dayz_characterID) then {[/I]

[I]    if ((s_player_packtent < 0) and (player distance cursorTarget < 3)) then {[/I]

[I]      s_player_packtent = player addAction [localize "str_actions_self_07", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tent_pack.sqf",cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];[/I]

[I]    };[/I]

[I]  } else {[/I]

[I]      player removeAction s_player_packtent;[/I]

[I]    s_player_packtent = -1;[/I]

[I]  };

Right After Paste This:
Code:
    if ( (cursorTarget isKindOf "Air") and (getDammage cursorTarget < 0.95) ) then {
        _vehicle = cursorTarget;
        _HALO_ActionAdded = _vehicle getVariable["HALO_ActionAdded",false];

if( !_HALO_ActionAdded ) then {
            _vehicle setVariable ["HALO_ActionAdded", true];

// HALO Jump
            s_halo_action = _vehicle addAction [("<t color=""#FF9800"">" + ("HALO Jump") + "</t>"),"fixes\jump.sqf",[],2,false,true,"","(_this in _target) && (getPosATL player select 2) > 10"];
        };
    };

create a file called jump.sqf in "fixes" folder and fill with:
Code:
player action [ "eject", vehicle player];
sleep 1;
player removeWeapon "ParachuteWest";
sleep 0.1;
player spawn bis_fnc_halo;
player setvelocity [0,120*0.8,0];
player setdir 0;

download fn_HALO.sqf and place it in your missionfile fixes folder

open dayz_server.pbo and replace these files :
dayz_server.pbo\compiles\server_updateObject.sqf
dayz_server.pbo\system\server_cleanup.fsm
replace them with attached (change extention of the server_cleanup.fsm.txt to .fsm !)

Repack and upload!

change your battleye script.txt and comment-out this:
Code:
1 "BIS_fnc_halo" !"if (isnil 'BIS_fnc_halo"

ALSO you may have to add this exception to scripts.txt (after 5 createVehicle)

!"_para = \"ParachuteWest\" createVehicle position _unit"

There ya have it!

Attachments

• fn_halo.sqf
    12.2 KB · Views: 752
  • server_updateObject.sqf
    2.9 KB · Views: 742
  • server_cleanup.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 723
ive tested a few and had problems actually steering the chute...not sure if something is interfering---anyone else having issues with this?

ive tested a few and had problems actually steering the chute...not sure if something is interfering---anyone else having issues with this?

Hmm , that is odd, other than the chunkiness of steering it in general, it otherwise should be fine. Perhaps you just need practice?

A few questions - does this allow HALO jumping when spawning in as well as regular halo jumping from helis?

Any known issues like spawning back in the air? or spawning like you're in the air.. but actually on the ground?

A few questions - does this allow HALO jumping when spawning in as well as regular halo jumping from helis?

Any known issues like spawning back in the air? or spawning like you're in the air.. but actually on the ground?

No this is for just from jumping out of heli, not spawning.

And no known issues like that. Works fine for me

Awesome sounds good.

Any chance of incorporating the work for Halo Spawning? I used to have this all functioning before the latest patch broke the halo spawns by putting you back in the air on reconnect.

I can't seem to find "Mission.pbo" I have 2 x "Missions.pbo" and I also I assumed it could be the mission file for Cherno, however that didn't contain compiles.sqf so I'm a bit stuck.

Thank you for taking the time to write out this guide.
Roy

all skins work?
the skin of bandit not work for me
works fine for me , not sure why it wouldnt

I can't seem to find "Mission.pbo" I have 2 x "Missions.pbo" and I also I assumed it could be the mission file for Cherno, however that didn't contain compiles.sqf so I'm a bit stuck.

Thank you for taking the time to write out this guide.
Roy

Should be in Root/MpMissions/(name).pbo

EX: mine is dayz_chernarus1.pbo

I checked inside dayz_1.chernarus and unfortunately it doesn't contain compiles.sqf, I'm running on HFBServers and I'm guessing each hosting company uses a different setup, I'll have a good root around tomorrow and see what I can find, If I do get it working I'll be sure to post my findings, thanks again.
Roy

I checked inside dayz_1.chernarus and unfortunately it doesn't contain compiles.sqf, I'm running on HFBServers and I'm guessing each hosting company uses a different setup, I'll have a good root around tomorrow and see what I can find, If I do get it working I'll be sure to post my findings, thanks again.
Roy

hm that is odd, im not familar with HFB as i use VertHosting. So im not sure. Sorry your having trouble.

Hey guys do I put the " fn_HALO.sqf" just in the mission.pbo or in the fixes folder?
Also if I just put it in the mission.pbo do I take away the fixes\ in front of the compiles line?
lol another thing lol, what does it mean point to

#NoobAsF***

Thanks guys

Is there a list of changes for the cleanup file. The one in this thread has a tonne of stuff missing from the recent version that actually needs to be in there, I did a quick file compare and can't imagine why I'd need to lose so much cleanup code? Maybe there's an updated version of this file with your changes somewhere?

How do you 'comment out a line' in scripts.txt

EDIT
Finally got it working, if anyone is geting kicked for Create Vehicle #48 i dont mind sharing.

This disabled my ability to gut animals and also wouldn't allow players to halo jump period. What do your an by the whole make sure this points to this thing, other then that I followed each direction precisely and it still ended up fudging up my server. Any help?

Back