Handy Tips for Server MPMissions

Citidel

If you are running a server you've no doubt had people ask for things such as a debug block or less zombies or any number of crazy things. But editing the MPMissions PBO and repacking it every time is just not fun.

Yes its 2 seconds of right clicking and generating the PBO, but what if you're trying to setup your own script? or modifying someone else's? repacking every time you change something can get a bit repetitive, or you forget that one time and have to down the server and figure out if you didn't re-PBO it or if your edits weren't correct.

I found this frustrating till I found out how to bypass the PBO while testing.

in MPMissions\ you should have something like:
dayz_1.chenarus.pbo or something along those lines, and a folder that matches that file name. If you remove the PBO and run your server it operates correctly. Why? Its reading from the folder that matched the PBO. (this does not work for all PBO's ie: dayz_code.pbo)

so you can now take your server up and down saving edits and whatnot without the extra step of repacking your PBO and potentially forgetting it; once you get it to where you want the mission files simply pack it after your last test and you are good to go!

This has been possible since arma 1, as generated mission files from the editor automatically export it into a usable folder and not a pbo, its pretty obvious

Yeah I haven't bothered to repack mine in a long time, just use the folder. I am sure a lot of people don't know about it though so good post.

Back