HAS FakeWeapon {}; KILLED PRIVATE HIVES?

Doc

Valued Member!
HAS FakeWeapon {}; KILLED PRIVATE HIVES?

Since 1.7.5.1, something new and bad has appeared in dayz_anim\config.cpp.

This file is where arma 2 classnames were banned, but since the update, something new has appeared.in the cfgWeapons class:
Code:
class RifleCore;
class FakeWeapon: RifleCore
{
scope = 1;
stopThis = true;
type = 0;
cursor = "";
cursoraim = "";
sound[] = {};
magazines[] = {"FakeMagazine"};
};

This new class basically despawns any classname flagged as fake weapon. This is great... for public hive dayz. But in private hives we have prided ourselves in offering different lootspawns based on the classnames that were non-spawning by default, but still not banned. Here are some examples, to name a few:

Code:
class BAF_AS50_TWS: FakeWeapon {};
class G36_C_SD_camo: FakeWeapon {};
class AK_107_GL_pso: FakeWeapon {};

These weapons will now be non-equipable in dayz, Try to equip it or spawn in with it and it despawns.Sorry devs, but this sucks balls. Unless I am mistaken, they have taken away one of the niches of private hives :(

DayZMod\Forum
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/122182-has-cfgweapons-fakeweapon-killed-private-hives/

There was a big argument on github about it, lots of people don't help with the mod anymore.
Now they are asking what weapons should be unblocked because they know it was a huge mistake.
It's to late, it's not a community project anymore, therefore i wouldn't bother yourself over it.

It's the most effective way of banning weapons. It's a very useful tool for preventing some pretty stupid weapons from appearing on your server.

So long as they open up most of the normal weapons (even if they aren't on loot tables) I see no reason for this to be a problem

I personally do not like the fact that Dayz puts anti hacker code in its mod, if you dont want the AS50 dropping here is a really easy way to prevent it: "DONT PUT IT IN THE LOOT TABLE" so many things are buggy because they are more worried about anti hacker/anti dayz instead of adding stuff to make the mod better.

as far as killing private hives, dayz will never do that, thats what dayz sa is for. ;)

Back