Having separate classes of helis

First of all Sarge, THANK YOU for writing this code. Your a great addition to the arma dayz community and I am so thank full to have you here. Take your time with classes and personal life, we don't want you to get burned out.

OK,

I am trying to add an option where I can have 3 separate classes of helis.

Code:
// define the type of heli(s) you want to use here for the heli patrols - make sure you include helis that have minimum 2 gunner positions, anything else might fail
//SAR_heli_type=["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ"];
SAR_heli_type=["UH1H_DZ"];
SAR_heli_MIL_type=["UH60M_EP1"];
SAR_heli_BANDIT_type=["Mi17_DZ"];

where bandits fly SAR_heli_BANDIT_type and solders fly SAR_heli_MIL_type.

I have already added the above code to SAR_config.sqf

in SAR_AI_init.sqf i added
Code:
// preprocessing relevant serverside scripts
SAR_AI                      = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol.sqf";
SAR_AI_heli                = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf";

SAR_MIL_heli                = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_MIL_patrol_heli.sqf";
SAR_BANDIT_heli              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_BANDIT_patrol_heli.sqf";

SAR_AI_land                = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_land.sqf";
SAR_AI_reammo              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_reammo_refuel_AI.sqf";
SAR_AI_spawn                = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_spawn.sqf";
SAR_AI_despawn              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_despawn.sqf";
SAR_AI_killed              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_aikilled.sqf";
SAR_AI_UPSMON              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf";
SAR_AI_VEH_HIT              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_ai_vehicle_hit.sqf";
SAR_AI_GROUP_MONITOR        = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_group_monitor.sqf";
SAR_AI_VEH_FIX              = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\SARGE\SAR_vehicle_fix.sqf";

then I added the relevant SAR_setup_MIL_patrol_heli.sqf

Code:
//

// create the vehicle
_heli = createVehicle [(SAR_heli_MIL_type call SAR_fnc_selectRandom), [(_rndpos select 0) + 10, _rndpos select 1, 80], [], 0, "FLY"];
_heli setFuel 1;
_heli setVariable ["Sarge",1,true];
_heli engineon true;
//_heli allowDamage false;
_heli setVehicleAmmo 1;

This setup is not working. It still pulls the huey from the original class for the military heli patrol in devil's castle.

Am I missing a place where the function for ai helicopters is being called? I am new to arma coding, however have experience coding in multiple other languages.

Seems to be working actually, now just have to make it lighter. looking to make it not require 3 separate files.

Back