[HELP] Creating a new mod

Zombi

Hello all,

I have recently been working on some additions to Chernarus for DayZ (New cities and whatnot), and had the idea to make a DayZ mod. I have installed quite a bit of addons for my new mod, but I am unsure of alot of things:

-How will I be able to test my mod? Will I have to buy a server from DayZ.ST or something? Do I have to get them to support my new mod?

-How will I be able to edit the amount of zombies that spawn per building?

-Is there a way to make my mod have a folder (Like @DayZ[My mod name]) so it can have others test my mod with me?

-How can I add additional skins? (For example, new survivor skins that replace the default ones)

My goal is to edit Chernarus and add more buildings, more features, more weapons, more skins, etc.
Also, It would be nice if I could add another island off the coast of Chernarus. Would that be possible?

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Zombi

Hello all,

I have recently been working on some additions to Chernarus for DayZ (New cities and whatnot), and had the idea to make a DayZ mod. I have installed quite a bit of addons for my new mod, but I am unsure of alot of things:

-How will I be able to test my mod? Will I have to buy a server from DayZ.ST or something? Do I have to get them to support my new mod?

-How will I be able to edit the amount of zombies that spawn per building?

-Is there a way to make my mod have a folder (Like @DayZ[My mod name]) so it can have others test my mod with me?

-How can I add additional skins? (For example, new survivor skins that replace the default ones)

My goal is to edit Chernarus and add more buildings, more features, more weapons, more skins, etc.
Also, It would be nice if I could add another island off the coast of Chernarus. Would that be possible?

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Zombi

To make a new mod (chernarus based) you have to edit every file in the @DayZ folder. Add to it, do whatever you want. Make sure it works (by loading into a server with the server files etc etc, I think hfb offers support for this if you email them, can't remember) entirely, put it into your very own @blah folder, and hope people like it. I'm no genius when it comes to this, i've never done it i've only read and speculated on it. If you wan't some in depth support I would go to some of the mod forums on this site and peek around. I know one fella whose really helpful with this sort of thing is Krixes ( From the Epidemic mod team) not sure if he will be able to shed any light onto the subject, but it's worth a shot. Good luck man.

Thanks for your reply, Matt. I will ask Krixes about this and hope he helps me. As for the folder part, I will try that out too. I really appreciate you trying to help. :)

Back