[SOLVED] Help needed with 1.8.9 server.

MewTheCrazY

Hello!

I have an issue with setting up an server on my Win 7 pc. I am unable to make the server work properly. I get kicked or "session lost".
Server .RPT log error is "Player without identity ..."
I have searched quite alot about the issue but so far have found no solution.

I have tried following
  • Redownload everything. SteamCMD
  • Copy from Steam, use my game files.
  • Redownload again.
  • Tried different database solutions (XAMMP, MySQL community server fom this guide here.)
  • Reinstalled them few times, also rebooted PC
  • Different startserver.bat files (edited on my own)
A bit extra information.
It appears that there is not even an HiveExt.log in my cfgdayz folder, although I have set logger to information, which should display everything.
Code:
[Logger]
;Possible values: trace, debug, information, notice, warning, error, critical, fatal, none
;They are sorted by importance (low to high), with trace being the most verbose, and none would turn off logging
;This controls both the file output level, and the console output level
Level = information

;Uncomment this option to override the logging level for the console only
;The specified level can only be higher than the global one, setting lower values will have no effect
;So for example, if you want to have information-level logs in your file, but only warning-level and higher in your console
;You would uncomment this option and set it to warning
;Leaving it commented out means there's no special level for the console, so it will just use the global one
ConsoleLevel = information

;By default, the HiveExt console log output will go to the Arma2 server window, with colour highlighing by importance
;If you want to use the old style, separate windows console window for the HiveExt log output, set this option to true
SeparateConsole = false

Database should be working because I can acces it with HeidiSQL (runs on the same machine as DayZ server). I have made sure that user has access to 'hivemind' (logged in with dayz db user) and also has global access for testing purposes. I am quite confident that my HiveExt.ini is configured correctly, but I may be wrong. Here is the database part anyway. (plz no steal me password)
Code:
[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;You can use the value "." (without quotes) to indicate named-pipe localhost connection
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = 127.0.0.1

;The default is MySql, which is better supported than Postgre (completely untested)
Type = MySql

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306

;Database name to connect to (you must supply this if private).
Database = hivemind

;Username to connect with (NOTE, I have tried different usernames, passwords)
Username = dayzhivemind
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = dayz

Also I disabled battleye in server.cfg, incase it was battleye problem. Neither BattlEye = 1; or BattlEye = 0; works.

Here I have latest arma2oaserver.RPT paste ==> https://pastebin.com/FUPWsaqn
Are the
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation ...
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation ...
problem?

I have sucessfully ran servers before on my PC following THIS guide on github, but after Win7 reinstall nothing works. I maybe also stupid because I am not very experienced with ARMA servers. Also after few tries and few hours, my brain has started melting.

Sorry for long, thicc post, but I hope there is enough info. I made this thread as a last resort, because I had no idea where to look or what to do.

those errors don't mean anything. No hive log because I bet you don't get that far. My guess is that since you reinstalled Win7, you are missing some MSVC redist. fyi:I have a 1.8.9 server running on Win7 (and Win10)

1.8.9 changed the hive dll (and the keys)
MSVC for DayzMod:
from my guide at https://helpthedeadreturn.wordpress.com/2015/12/01/how-to-create-your-own-dayzmod-vanilla-server/

Hmm... I thought I had installed all of required MSVC packages. I might have missed some then. I will try again tomorrow, after I have downloaded everything again.

Last server I ran was 1.8.8, so I have never run 1.8.9.
Also, any ideas how to make 1.8.9 run on linux server? I already got ARMA 2 OA server running on it, but dayz failed. That's why I turned back to my win pc.

many have tried, few have succeeded. I've heard of a few servers running it. Wine does not work. arma2oa linux does not have extension capability, so there is no easy way to implement the hive/db. You have to capture stdout, redirect, and write to the db. before the server runs you have to output sqf files of players from the db or something like that.

Anyway, its not pretty and not worth the aggravation, IMO.

Okay now. I got the server working, all good now. Reinstalling Microsoft Visual stuff worked. Also the guide and files were perfect.

About linux now. I have spotted few guides, githubs, on running dayz serve on linux. They seem rather old, but I think I might be able to work my way to make it work. It might take some time, and maybe I will learn something while doing it.

Thanks for the guide and help.

Back