[help] Reduce player hit damage with: fn_damageHandler

UrbanSkaters

Valued Member!
Hi. I'm trying to figure out where in fn_damageHandler I need to change so that players take 5x less damage per hit. Basically just want to make it more like Quake style, where you can take several good body hits before going down ;)

Cheers.

look for this line:
Code:
r_player_blood = r_player_blood - (_damage * _scale);
and add something like that:
Code:
r_player_blood = r_player_blood - ((_damage * _scale) / 5);

.. and just so I know what I'm doing, rather than just cut n pasting.
Does that reduce the damage by 5% or 5 times the hit amount ?

Edit: haha! i just read that back and while i'm not very good with math at the best time, i think reducing the hit amount by 5 times the "hit" would actually make the player stronger, not weaker. Sorry, silly question.

Last edited:
This only seems to be working for PVP, unfortunately players are still dying very quickly when fighting AI. I notice that the blood is still at 10000 sometimes, or higher. Head shots maybe? Any idea how to stop AI from being so accurate because i've fiddled with the settings all night, even turning them to 0.1 on all settings and players are still getting nailed with 10k of blood left.

.. and just so I know what I'm doing, rather than just cut n pasting.
Does that reduce the damage by 5% or 5 times the hit amount ?

Edit: haha! i just read that back and while i'm not very good with math at the best time, i think reducing the hit amount by 5 times the "hit" would actually make the player stronger, not weaker. Sorry, silly question.

Means you increase the amount of hits you can take.

This only seems to be working for PVP, unfortunately players are still dying very quickly when fighting AI. I notice that the blood is still at 10000 sometimes, or higher. Head shots maybe? Any idea how to stop AI from being so accurate because i've fiddled with the settings all night, even turning them to 0.1 on all settings and players are still getting nailed with 10k of blood left.

Would like to refer to another Post i made:

http://opendayz.net/threads/support-dzms-dayz-mission-system.18421/page-31#post-101133

Back