Help server setup

zak

So i have been trying to set up a reality server and keep hitting a wall. i have read the read me files over and over and i stall hit this wall. thats is what i am trying to do is get cherno running on my dedi sever and having my database running on my other server. i run the reality cp and put in my database info and it made the files then i murged the database and lookin in navicat the database is set up but now im stuck on the dedi end. i downloaded the dedi files and did what it told me but from there i hit the wall. is there some way i can make my own .bat file to stop start the server ? if anyone can help me that would me great you can get me on here or on my teamspeak. ts.wastelandgoats.com

I use a control panel, but I have a backup .bat that I use.

Just copy the contents below into a .bat file and edit it to your settings:
Code:
@echo off
echo Stopping game server...
taskkill /F /IM arma2oaserver.exe
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Cleaning dead from database older than 7 days...
perl db_utility.pl cleandead 7 --host x.x.x.x --user dayz_user --pass mypassword --name dayz_chernarus --port 3306
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Executing spawn script...
db_spawn_vehicles.pl --instance 1 --limit 900 --host x.x.x.x --user dayz_user --pass mypassword --name dayz_chernarus --port 3306 --cleanup bounds
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Starting server...
"Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe" -ip=y.y.y.y -port=2302 "-config=dayz_1.chernarus\config.cfg" "-cfg=dayz_1.chernarus\basic.cfg" "-profiles=dayz_1.chernarus" -name=Reality "-mod=@dayz;@reality_1.chernarus" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -maxMem=2048
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
echo Leaving the launcher...
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 >NUL
echo.
echo.
echo.
exit

The starting server portion should be correct. I had removed it in the past for testing something else, so I am going by memory.

First couple steps, you have to enter your database info.
Starting server part is your game server info.

why is it when I run db_migrate.pl it wont let me connect to my db even tho I changed it in hive ini file.. im lost on step 4 for hicks bliss on github

ok i have things working i can get my server booted but now i an getting this

Code:
2013-03-26 13:20:37 Database: [Error] Error 1146 (Table 'wastelan_server.message' doesn't exist) in MySQLQuery SQL: 'select payload, loop_interval, start_delay from message where instance_id = 1'

So i am guesing that my database is not set up right. if anyone can give me a hand to set this up you will be my wet dream for the net year :)

yah i found where it was now it buildings lol thats its getting stuck on. like can i cheat can inport my dayz.st database into my new one ? i did read somewhere i could but had to change some things ?

ok found everything for the database now i think the readme needs to be updated lol but its all good. i did find some other sql files in DayZ-Private-master-master\schema\Reality\mysql looking thu them are there any i need to run or when i built it the first time did it put in the ones that needed to go in ? sorry for this its been some time sin i have played around with a dayz server. But thank you so much for your help.

Note: I have got it working now for the fun.

Back