Help w/ spawn selection on a Vilayer server.. please read

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Im running a Vilayer server and the update to 1.8/1.8.0.3 that brought the gender/spawn selection to default dayz, was NOT given to us by default. Instead, on the control panel there is an "addon" section where you can 1 click install the gender/spawn selection. This 1 click install, does whatever it does and tells you nothing of what it is doing. Furthermore, it doesn't work. I "installed" it, and it successfully broke my custom loadouts on the instance table in my database (Which I expected), but did not enable gender or spawn selection. Now Im not so concerned about gender selection but I would like the spawn selection. Is there any work around for this? I have a support ticket in with Vilayer but they often take days to get back to me, and who knows what they'll even say. So my question is, is there some way I can get this working on my own? Or am I SOL and have to wait for Vilayer? thanks

holy crap if I overlooked this Im gonna hit my head against the wall lmfao... gonna check it out ty

EDIT- Yep... that was it lmfao thank god Vilayer hasn't looked at that ticket yet! Thanks Ebay!!

Last edited:
In 1.0.8.3 spawn selection screen is enabled (1) / disabled (0) by:
Code:
dayz_spawnselection = 1;

at the top of your init.sqf right above:
Code:
dayz_spawnCrashSite_clutterCutter =

So that opton probably reset your whole mission pbo to default or at least your init.sqf.
Hey ebay sorry to necro this thread but I thought it preferable to starting a new one. I have had spawn selection working however it seems to skip right over gender selection. You can see the gender selection for half a second before it automatically transitions to spawn selection. Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks

Hey ebay sorry to necro this thread but I thought it preferable to starting a new one. I have had spawn selection working however it seems to skip right over gender selection. You can see the gender selection for half a second before it automatically transitions to spawn selection. Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks

Were you able to figure this out??

I'm using DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3, and noticed that the "spawn selection" is enabled in the init.sqf, but I am not getting either of these menus (gender or spawning)? What does one have to do in order to get these working?

I think in vanilla dayz/overwatch spawn selection overrides gender selection. Im not sure why spawn selection isn't working for you

If gender selection isn't coming up try deleting your profile file:
Code:
C:\Users\YourName\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YourName\YourName.vars.ArmA2OAProfile

DayZ saves your gender choice to that file and sometimes won't give you the option to pick again until you reset it.

I'll give that a whirl and see what happens... But that still doesn't explain why I'm not getting the spawn selection menu.

I was under the impression that this was enabled (by default) in the 1.8.0.3 mod... I've been looking all over the place, online, to no avail. I have noticed that there are "enhanced spawn selection" menus available, but I don't want any of those. I just want to standard one that I see most people using for Chernarus.

Please advise.

For 1.8.3 all you should need to use the default spawn selection is dayz_spawnselection = 1; in your init.sqf

^^^ That's what I thought... And yes, my spawnselection is set to (1) --- in my init.sqf

If it still isn't coming up for you I would check both your RPTs for errors:

^^^ I will double check my .RPT later this evening, and let you know if I see any errors. Thank you. ;)

Make sure your client is not started with -noLogs param. DayZ Launcher does this by default. You can go to Launch > Advanced > uncheck -noLogs and check -showScriptErrors.

^^^ i have double checked my launch parameters, and that's not it... I don't use DayZ Commander or Launcher anyway. I simply run mine directly from Steam.

Also check if you modified your player_monitor.fsm that it still has these parts in it.

^^^ I have a fresh install, on a brand new computer, and have yet to modify any files (no scripts at all)... So I am completely baffled here... :(

Back