help with custom trader city !!!

jonse

Hi

i am very good at coding and stuff but i cant seem to figure out how to add a trader at a random spot (bu coords ofc)

so i am looking for some help to make those traders because i really want a another trader at the sea so new players dont need to run so long but i cant make any traders i followed raymix's tutorial but that confuses me the fuck out so can somebody please help me with it i already made where they need to stand just pm me or reply if you want to help

Just guessing here .. this would be the general method, there may be another step such as something in the database or in the config based trader files ...

In your mission folder. server_traders.sqf
Add a "skin" for the trader to use onto this array at the top of the file. Lets say "Rocker1".
Code:
serverTraders = ["RU_Functionary1","RU_Citizen3","Rocker4","Profiteer4","Rita_Ensler_EP1","CIV_EuroMan01_EP1","CIV_EuroMan02_EP1","TK_GUE_Soldier_5_EP1","GUE_Soldier_MG","Worker2","Worker3","Woodlander1","UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot_EP1","RU_WorkWoman1","Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1","RU_Citizen4","RU_WorkWoman5","RU_Citizen1","RU_Villager3","TK_CIV_Takistani04_EP1","Pilot_EP1","RU_Profiteer4","Woodlander3","Dr_Hladik_EP1","Doctor","HouseWife1","GUE_Woodlander2"];
Now you add a block for your new trader with the item classes he will be dealing with and what type of player he will sell to, bandit, hero, neutral
//New trader
Code:
menu_Rocker1 = [
    [["Ammunition",478],["Clothes",476],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Military Armed",562],["Trucks Armed",479],["Weapons",477]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];

Then in the dayz_server/missions folder you go to the missions.sqf file and add a block for your new trader with his location. Also put in any objects you want to spawn at his trader location such as a sign that says "We only sell to losers who cant find gear on their own"
Code:
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["Rocker1", [7500,7500], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  {_this removeMagazine _x;} count  magazines _this;
  removeAllWeapons _this;
  _this switchMove "";
  _this setDir 310.03851;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

In this folder you can download then edit the trader cities directly in the 3d editor. https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/TraderCitySources

Back