Hiveext issues and workrounds

zedar

Staff member
Hi,

After fighting a coplue of hours and don't find much in the big brother google i decide to make this post for future reference, it resume the most common errors related with hive.

1. Unknow Internal Error
You are missing or corrupted the file Database.dll

2. Error connecting to the service
Check the [Database] params

Look [Date] and check if Type has Static or Local

3. HiveExt Console close right before appears and crash arma2oaserver.exe
You forgotte to copy the dlls in the root of the server folder: Database.dll, libmysql.dll, mysqlcppconn.dll, tbbmalloc.dll and tbb.dll
RPT log:

3:00:20 "SERVER VERSION: Bliss v4.2"
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0C658BD0
3:00:20 "SERVER: Fetching messages..."
Allocator: D:\Arma2\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics: No
resolution: 160x120x32

:)

Ok I had this same issue with a second instance crashing Unknow Internal Error
The Database.dll worked fine for the first instance.
So then I build BOTH instances at the same time.
Works perfect!
So I'm guessing the Database.dll is written for both. Where all I was rewriting was the Restarter.ini

So note to all with multi - instance. Build all your instances first THEN move the deploy.
This should be common sense, but apparently I left mine somewhere lol

I'm getting 2. Error connecting to the service, OA stops working and crashes after attempting to lead missino file. I get into the server just fine. I checked my time, all is good, but I question if I'm connected to the DB or not, mind if I add you on skype as I am a new (yet competent) user of bliss servers? skype: meditatingmantis.

I'm getting 2. Error connecting to the service, OA stops working and crashes after attempting to lead missino file. I get into the server just fine. I checked my time, all is good, but I question if I'm connected to the DB or not, mind if I add you on skype as I am a new (yet competent) user of bliss servers? skype: meditatingmantis.

You know if the database is OK opening the hiveext.log , if arma2oa it's crashing and NOT the hive, can be a problem with the installation o beta patch, download the latest (i recommend the 99515, extract the exe and then install as adminsitrator).

See the .rpt log too for other issues.

Added the third case and fix

3. HiveExt Console close right before appears and crash arma2oaserver.exe
You forgotte to copy the dlls in the root of the server folder: Database.dll, libmysql.dll, mysqlcppconn.dll, tbbmalloc.dll and tbb.dll

RPT log:
3:00:20 "SERVER VERSION: Bliss v4.2"
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0C658BD0
3:00:20 "SERVER: Fetching messages..."
Allocator: D:\Arma2\Expansion\beta\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics: No
resolution: 160x120x32

Back